Negro League...what is it?

Alphabet Man

I was on MLB.com and came across the Negro League page but i couldn't find what it is....so what is it??

This is a serious question?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

He's from Australia, he may not know....

Oh. Sorry. Hate to be the ugly American..

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I was on MLB.com and came across the Negro League page but i couldn't find what it is....so what is it??

OMMF posted a link that gives the long answer...a short answer: imagine the VFL, SANFL and WAFL refused to sign any aboriginal players until almost the 1950s, forcing said players to form their own competitions. imagine some of these teams pretend to be, say, Samoan, and hence speak gibberish on the field hoping to pass it off as a Samoan language. picture one team making its name from being the Harlem Globetrotters of footy. Imagine a lot of talent overlooked because their skin was darker than what was "acceptable."

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

OMMF posted a link that gives the long answer...a short answer: imagine the VFL, SANFL and WAFL refused to sign any aboriginal players until almost the 1950s, forcing said players to form their own competitions. imagine some of these teams pretend to be, say, Samoan, and hence speak gibberish on the field hoping to pass it off as a Samoan language. picture one team making its name from being the Harlem Globetrotters of footy. Imagine a lot of talent overlooked because their skin was darker than what was "acceptable."

This has been brought yo you by....

Discrimihater: The Official American-Australian Translator of the CCSLC

:D

I saw, I came, I left.

I think Eddie Klep needs to be honored for courageously breaking the color barrier and making it to the Negro Leagues. (Ha ha, a joke, please don't kill me. True story, though)

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

CCSLC Expert American-Australian Translatorizationalist.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I think Eddie Klep needs to be honored for courageously breaking the color barrier and making it to the Negro Leagues. (Ha ha, a joke, please don't kill me. True story, though)

Wait a minute, I thought it was former Kansas City Monarchs pitcher Edwin Miller who broke the Negro League color barrier during the 1945 season.

(100 points for anybody who gets the reference)

QPR%20Sig.png

ahh thanks 'scrim mate, thansk fellas

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived