Minor League Baseball

DomTheAthlete29

I haven't yet seen a project angled in the direction on Minor League Baseball Redesign. Trying to be orginal I'm going to start one up. I'm going to start in the South Atlantic League, and will try to work my way to other leagues based on requests. So I hope you like what you will see in the next few weeks.

First up in the South Atlantic league is the Asheville Tourists, which currently have a pretty good logos and colors. With this concept, I designed 4 jerseys, which is what I believe every team should have that many. With out further wait I would like to show you the 06' Tourists!

AshevilleTourists.png

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Here's what I would change on these:

1-I wouldn't mix a solid white/gray vest with pinstriped pants. That looks kind of tacky.

2-Tone down the angle of the wordmark, and maybe put a number under the right side of said wordmark.

3-Use more of a standard block font for the numbers. The one you used doesn't seem appropriate for baseball.

Other than that, the execution is very solid.

VmWIn6B.png

Thanks for the all the C&C a revised outlook will come at the remainder of this league.

Next up is a very different team indeed, the Columbus Catfish. Some of these teams nicknames are the reasons I love the minor leagues. The colors are overall alright, and logos aren't the best, is that a peach logo on the BP, hence the out of the oridary things in the minor league without further a due, here the 06' Catfish.

ColumbusCatfish.png

teams.gif

For the Catfish:

1-I'm not liking the solid white cap with the pinstriped white uniform. Perhaps bust out a mid-1990's Cincinnati Reds pinstriped hat?

2-Same comment for road uniform

3-Get rid of the white button area on the alt. Those always make a jersey look like it's meant for a company softball league.

4-Nice idea with the peach logo, but for a team called the Catfish, it kind of comes out of nowhere.

VmWIn6B.png

If you look at the logo, you see that the team uses the peach as a alterante logo. I dunno it doesn't look to bad. Like I said before I will redo concepts at the end of each league.

teams.gif

On with the concepts.....

Next in line is a very special team, the Augusta Greenjackets very fiting for the team located close to Augusta National. Don't worry women are allowed to these games. Here in the 06' Augusta Greenjackets

AugustaGreenjackets.png

teams.gif

Lets keep the project rolling with my second post of the day, the Capital City Bombers. I linked the Bombers with the Bronx Bombers and went with a simple uniform design, enjoy the 06' Captial City Bombers.

CapitalCityBombers.png

teams.gif

On with the concepts.....

Next in line is a very special team, the Augusta Greenjackets very fiting for the team located close to Augusta National. Don't worry women are allowed to these games. Here in the 06' Augusta Greenjackets

AugustaGreenjackets.png

what i dont understand is why they have a bug for their logo if the green jackets refers to golfing

what i dont understand is why they have a bug for their logo if the green jackets refers to golfing

The term green jacket has a dual meaning. Can you really imagine what a walking jacket (item of clothing) mascot would look like?

Dom, you do know there hasn't been a Capital City Bombers in the SAL since 2004, right? The team's now the Greenville Drive - and their uniform set is fantastic. It helps they're affiliated with my Boston Red Sox.

Drive

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived