Arizona Football

hardin22

I think the Cardinals need to change their name to somthing that fits in with the desert. There are few cardinals in Arizona. I am a valley resident and at the risk of offending die hard Cardinal fans, I say with a new stadium needs to come a new team name. This is just one thought. I designed this almost three years ago and it needs a little work on the eyes but I think its headed in the right direction.

scorlogo.jpg

scor-front.jpg

scor-back.jpg

hardin22.jpg

Scorpions are a bad idea, there is already a NLL team with the name Arizona Sting with a scorpion as their logo. There are alot of Cardinals in Arizona you just have to know where to look, they are big in North, to North Central Arizona. There have been some in Maricopa County, but the number isn't as big as it is in the Sedona, Flagstaff and Prescott Valley area. It's a great logo, would look good on any other team, but I still take the Cardinals over anything else now a days

True on the lacross side. The unfortunate thing is that this was done before their name came to be. Names are trickey in Arizona, and while there may be cardinals in northern Arizona and a few in Maricopa county I just don't think that is represents. It is more of a midwest symbol and thats why chicago first choose it back in the day. The Scorpion is rather cliché, cyotes already used, roadrunners would just be lame. Yeah it's tuff to compete with Cardinals at this juncture.

hardin22.jpg

I see where you are coming from as I have been in Arizona for the last 20 years, but the Cardinals shouldn't change as they are the oldest NFL team here, and as it may be bad right now, I wouldn't change it.

You can't change the nickname of the oldest existing team in professional football (since 1896). Plain and simple. If the Lakers can last 40 years in LA as the Lakers despite the lack thereof in the LA area, then the Cardinals can stay the Cardinals.

philly.png

Great looking logo. The football as the scorpions back is a clever touch. The helmets look good too.

My only critique is the use of the word "The" in the wordmark. It is not necessary and, quite frankly, looks weird.

Great looking logo. The football as the scorpions back is a clever touch. The helmets look good too.

My only critique is the use of the word "The" in the wordmark. It is not necessary and, quite frankly, looks weird.

You're right, ditch the 'The'

Strongly agree...you can't change the name of one of the oldest team names in football history. They've been the cardinals forever, they've got a better look, and they'll start winning games really soon.

Your Scorpion logo is really sharp though and I would like to see it progress. Take out "the" and its already a sweet logo.

Drink Kronik Energy!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived