Toronto Blue Jays Concept

GFB

I did this concept a month or so back and I thought you guys might enjoy it. The Toronto Blue Jays have one of the best uniform histories in all baseball, which was recently trainwrecked by grey and black (including the dropping of the "Blue" from "Blue Jays". The goal of this concept was to merge all the eras of Blue Jays baseball into one fluid design. The main addition is the return of light blue to the color scheme. I know there are some big Blue Jays fans on this board, so it would be nice to hear their opinion....

C&C appreciated (as always!)

Toronto-Blue-Jays-Concept.png

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this whole combination, especially the Alt. hat!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I did a concept that combined the new bird with a maple leaf a long, long time ago. You could probably do a search for it, but i'm not sure if it's still up. Anyway the idea behing this is very much the same as the idea I had, so naturally I like it. Two additions I think would take this from very good to excellent are the addition of red as a trim color, and a small white pinline to split the letters and numbers like on the Joe Carter era uniforms. Split letters will forever say 'Blue Jays' to me. I like the retro alternate cap. The mixing of the vertical arch on the team name with the radial arch on the player name looks funny. I would vertically arch both of them.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I looked at it for a few minutes, and found nothing I hated about these uniforms. The Away shade of grey looks a bit too blue to me, it may be my monitor, but everything else is perfection man.

Great job.

These jerseys don't need red at all, but I think split lettering would be the final touch. You've really made a splash on these boards with these last few concepts, nice work.

QPR%20Sig.png

impressive first 2 posts...like the others, i'd like to see a small amount of red incorporated into the logo set and the split numbers (although i'm not sure how it would look with that particular font...maybe the original would work, although it may not be modern enough to work with the wordmark)

i really like the alt and bp caps, but they'd be tough to keep clean and white...they look good, though

jldesigns404eo.png

Split lettering. Thats it. No other changes necessary. The lettering is very nice. The logo is very good as well. Nice use of the bottom of the neck as the stem for the maple leaf. There is one too many Jags on the top right of the logo, but that is just a nit pick.

Excellent work, sir. Add me to the non-red crowd on this one. This is beautiful, much better than mine. Methinks it's a baby blue roadie instead of standard grey, is that right?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Very nice job. This is by far an upgrade. I wouldn't be against adding some red accents, but I don't think they are necessary. My only problem is that the alt logo is very pointy, between the blue jay and the maple leaf. But I think I'm in the minority thinking that.

I did this concept a month or so back and I thought you guys might enjoy it. The Toronto Blue Jays have one of the best uniform histories in all baseball, which was recently trainwrecked by grey and black (including the dropping of the "Blue" from "Blue Jays". The goal of this concept was to merge all the eras of Blue Jays baseball into one fluid design. The main addition is the return of light blue to the color scheme. I know there are some big Blue Jays fans on this board, so it would be nice to hear their opinion....

C&C appreciated (as always!)

Toronto-Blue-Jays-Concept.png

Looks awesome, I'd so buy one of those uniforms if they came out with these changes. Great concept.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Archived