Toronto Blue Jays Concept

GFB

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they actually wore something like that, i'd seriously buy a jersey. I stopped liking the Jays after they changed the logo from the last world series win era.

I don't like the new look of the Jays..its just going with the trends, not sticking to traditions.

Great concept.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

These look nice, real nice.

Two things I would like to see is the split letters and numbers. Though the jersey backs in your concept are already a major upgrade over the crillee numbers they currently use.

The second thing is changing the road uni from Cowboys silver to the baby blue that you use.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

I really like it. My only problem is with the outlined numbers and the all white BP cap. If you could fix those and make the grey...look grey...these would be the coolest things EVER! I really like the logo, its very cool looking, and by cool I mean it reminds me of ice.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

As a huge Jays fan, I lvoe 'em. I would actually buy oe of these jerseys. If I had to come up with one or two things, they've already been said, but there definitely needs to be some red in there (you do have a maple leaf on one of the logos), and maybe split the font somehow. I love the alt. cap!

I sincerely hope someone from the Blue Jays front office sees this concept (and some of the other great ones that have been posted here) and then breaks down crying because the crap the Jays are currently wearing is put to shame by solid designs like this one.

Sweet concept.

I would drop the serifs from all non-1 numbers. I concur with split/piping, but I'm interested to see if it would look better on the numbers only, not the wordmarks on the front.

The away may be too powder for some, but there are probably two teams that could rock a powder blue road set and they are the Jays and Kansas City.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Thanks to everyone for the reviews, I think I might have a new home here..... :grin:

blue-jays-concept.png

Anyway, I made some changes. Back also is the piped retro numbers! I actually like these numbers better than the original. The back lettering has also been fixed (I just don't recall ever seeing an MLB club with letters arched like this).

Regarding some of the comments.....

1. I tried piping on the lettering, but it didn't look right with the font....

2. I won't be putting any red in this concept. Why? Because I believe that if you name you team the BLUE Jays, your colors should be blue. I know there is the whole Canada thing, but then why name your team the Blue Jays if you want red in the color scheme?

3. The white on the alt & BP caps are just to give a different look. The BP ones would never be used in the game, and I think the alt is very ghetto....

Thanks to all again.....

Thanks to everyone for the reviews, I think I might have a new home here..... :grin:

blue-jays-concept.png

Anyway, I made some changes. Back also is the piped retro numbers! I actually like these numbers better than the original. The back lettering has also been fixed (I just don't recall ever seeing an MLB club with letters arched like this).

Regarding some of the comments.....

1. I tried piping on the lettering, but it didn't look right with the font....

2. I won't be putting any red in this concept. Why? Because I believe that if you name you team the BLUE Jays, your colors should be blue. I know there is the whole Canada thing, but then why name your team the Blue Jays if you want red in the color scheme?

3. The white on the alt & BP caps are just to give a different look. The BP ones would never be used in the game, and I think the alt is very ghetto....

Thanks to all again.....

1. Thank you!

2. Because there is a maple leaf in your logo, and it needs something to break it up...

3. However, they are awesome. Again, thank you for fixing them

THese are pretty awesome. I like the se of the retro numbers. It ties the eras together even more. The color chocies are good for a team called the BLUE Jays. Blue jays don't have red , why should you?

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

There is absolutely nothing I don't LOVE about that concept. Considering I am moving to Ontario here in the next few months (hopefully... as long as Immigration Canada gets a move-on!) I would be SO happy to walk in to the Rogers Centre and see them sporting those unis. That's just beautiful. Way better than the Black Jays.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I love these. I would definitely get one of those home jerseys...I'm also in the crowd that likes the retro numbers.

If I had to offer one piece of criticism, it would be in the primary logo. It seems out of place to me to have the primary be a bird head and then the secondary be the same head with the leaf behind. I think it's strange to have a secondary logo the exact same as the primary, only more complex with more stuff added on. Perhaps add a script with JAYS to the primary or even switch the primary and the secondary.

In the same regard, usually you won't see a team's primary on their hats. For example, the Yankees primary is the red circle with the yankee doodle hat and such, with the secondary being the NY you see on the caps. Most teams follow this pattern. If you are trying to just think out of the box and come up with something new, all the power to you, but I think I'm just used to seeing complex primaries with smaller secondaries used on the caps.

Awesome work. I love the return of the white front panel.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Great job man, I think you have solved the problem of the Blue Jays. Like the way you took out the sliver and black. But I believe you should add red for am accent color? That just my 2 cents, even though I'm not a Blue Jays fan, I beleive these unifroms would work in the MLB.

Dom

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

I'm loving the retro numbers, but not the vertically arched names. The reason all teams have the radially arched names is so that names can be added last minute (when someone is traded or called up from the minors). This would not be possible if the letters had to be specially made to match the arch. From a feasibility standpoint, this would be practically impossible.

Archived