Ben Wallace Agrees To Term W/ The Bulls

brinkeguthrie

I would think there would be some real backlash on this in Detroit. So many people jobless and struggling----but this guy says this massive fortune is "disappointing." Now I remember why I don't follow the NBA- it's due to guys and comments like this one.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/bask...n=si_topstories

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- Pistons free-agent center Ben Wallace, who also is being courted by the Chicago Bulls, says he's disappointed by Detroit's $49.6 million, four-year contract offer.

The offer would pay $11.5 million the first year and would make him the highest-paid player on the team next season, $100,000 ahead of Rasheed Wallace.

"It was disappointing," Ben Wallace told The Detroit News on Sunday. "It was not at all what I expected."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah Ben, the Pistons sure low-balled you.  <_<:rolleyes:

With an attitude like that, perhaps it's for the better that Wallace leaves Detroit.

As ludicrous as it is to be "insulted" by the fact that they "only" offered him $50 Mil, I think he has a point. He's worth MUCH more than $50 Mil. If they're offering the King Lebron $80 Mil, and he hasn't even done anything but be super hyped, then they should give Ben Wallace at least $75 Mil, just because the decade before he and "The Super Pistons" arrived, the Pistons as a franchise were a shell of their former selves. I know it sounds crazy, but you've gotta think about it like they would, and since they have ridiculous amounts of money to begin with, it is kinda crazy. I guess Ben feels he's worth more since he's paid his dues jobbing around with Orlando and Washington. At least he didn't go as far as to say he couldn't pay the bills with that kinda money, like Latrell Sprewell did.

ESPN.com REPORTS: Ben Wallace has informed the Pistons a little after 7 tonight, that he intends to sign with the Chicago Bulls. The Bulls offered Wallace the same amount of year as Detroit but 4 million dollars more than the Pistons and Wallace has accepted.

Did the Pistons drop the ball on trying to resign Wallace?

Will they rebound from losing Wallace?

We do know one thing, Pistons definitly made a bigger gap between themselves and Miami Heat with this lost.

From ESPN.com's front page.
Source: Big Ben Heading To Bulls

The biggest free-agent prize of the NBA offseason appears to be off the market. Ben Wallace has informed the Pistons he will sign with the Bulls, Insider Chad Ford reports. The deal is believed to be $52M for four years.

Brinkeguthrie and CMU Brent, try not to hurt yourself falling of your high horses.

Ooh. I guess he just didn't wanna go to Detroit then.

I'm not a Bulls fan, but oh

my

god.

Tremendous signing, best offseason in the NBA.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yup, Bulls might've gotten over the playoff pretender-playoff contender hump with that one.

But that's mighty odd though, he took less money to go to the Bulls.

As a Bulls fan, I'm not sure about this. I don't think Wallace really fits in with what the Bulls are doing. I see some ugly personality conflicts here, since he's being yanked out of a comfortable team chemistry situation w/Rasheed-Billups-Hamilton-Prince and into the established Hinrich-Duhon-Gordon-Deng nucleus. I don't anticipate Scott Skiles getting along with Wallace too well, either. His defense is a welcome addition, but offensively is he much better than Chandler?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yup, Bulls might've gotten over the playoff pretender-playoff contender hump with that one.

But that's mighty odd though, he took less money to go to the Bulls.

He didn't take less money to go to the Bulls. Pistons offered $48mil. and the Bulls offered $52mil. Only thing Ben Wallace gave up his a chance to win a championship with the Pistons again. Even though Bulls probably one piece away from being in the finals themselves

Confirmed: Big Ben Heading To Chicago

Brinkeguthrie and CMUBrent, try not to hurt yourself falling off your high horses.

[edit by CMUBrent: There's no space between CMU and Brent.]

Yawn.

An utterly brilliant response, gregjigga5. I'll make sure my future posts don't have the capacity to get your boxers/briefs in such a bind. :rolleyes:

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

An utterly brilliant response, gregjigga5.

Why yes, yes it was. I am Brilliams!

BTW, I wear boxer briefs. Best of both worlds, plus they make my butt look sexy.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Wow, this is big.

As much as I hate the Chicago Bulls, John Paxon is a fantastic GM. He's done an absolutely brilliant job.

The Bulls already had a solid foundation, one that gave the Heat a bit of a scare in the first round. Now, they not only bring in Tyrus Thomas, but they sign Ben Wallace - a center that will anchor their defense and improve everything the Bulls lacked - rebounding and interior defensive intensity. Let's not forget Tyrus Thomas is a nice young defensive presence. The signing drains their cap room (I think it leaves over like 3 million or so for them to spend) but it also allows them to actively pursue moving Tyson Chandler.

C: Ben Wallace

PF: Andres Nocioni

SF: Luol Deng

SG: Ben Gordon

PG: Kirk Hinrich

Othella Harrington, Tyrus Thomas, Chris Duhon, Mike Sweetney and the other role players off the bench... This Bulls team is going to be nasty. If Miami is the no.1 seed in the East, then Chicago right now is no.2 without question.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

This will rekindle the old Detroit-Chicago rivalry of the early 90's.

The one I grew up with.

I'm interested to see who Detroit goes after to play center now.

Kelvin Cato (FA signee) is NOT the answer, but I suspect he and Dale Davis might platoon. Sheed could play the 5, but his defensive skilla are no where near Ben's.

Maybe Dumars knows somehting about rookie Cheik Samb that nobody else knows. Hmmmmm

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

That's a great signing for the Bulls. Chicago could finally become a serious contender for the championship. I only wish the Sixers would make a move like that.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

$60 million for Ben Wallace? I would have let him walk too. You're basically paying a ridiculous amount for a one-dimensional player. No thank you. Secondly, I don't think this puts Chicago in the same class with Miami or even Cleveland or Detroit. The only center that makes THAT big of a difference in the NBA plays in Miami. They'll be a good team. Probably could land the 3 or 4 seed in the East, but Chicago's return to the glory days isn't solidified because of this move.

By the way, Detroit...I'm a free agent. Please insult me with your $48 million.

That's a great signing for the Bulls. Chicago could finally become a serious contender for the championship. I only wish the Sixers would make a move like that.

Philly reportedly made a similar offer to Ben.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Archived