Ben Wallace Agrees To Term W/ The Bulls

brinkeguthrie

This is an awesome signing for the Bulls. Definitely makes them one of the top four teams in the east, along with the Heat, Cavs, and Nets. The Pistons have taken a step back, but they still have Rip, Chauncey, 'Sheed, and Prince so I wouldn't say that they are necessarily dead.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So many people jobless and struggling----but this guy says this massive fortune is "disappointing."  Now I remember why I don't follow the NBA- it's due to guys and comments like this one.

Brinkeguthrie comes across with yet another brilliant comment. :rolleyes: Dude, you must not follow any professional sport. Ben's stance isn't unusual for the sports world, baseball included. Has Gary Sheffield ever been satisfied with any contract, even though there must be poor people "jobless and struggling" in New York, Atlanta, Florida, Los Angeles, and Milwaukee...but yet you folllow baseball, right brinke? Remember Ty Law turning down an offer from the Patriots because he "had to feed (his) family"...but, I guess everyone in New England is filthy rich, so that's no big deal. And I guess Terrell Owens won't stop you watching football, right brinke?

Again...

try not to hurt yourself falling off your high horses.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This is an awesome signing for the Bulls. Definitely makes them one of the top four teams in the east, along with the Heat, Cavs, and Nets. The Pistons have taken a step back, but they still have Rip, Chauncey, 'Sheed, and Prince so I wouldn't say that they are necessarily dead.

You're telling me that a team that was 64-18 and reached the EC Finals is no longer a contender (among the top 4) becuase they lost their 7 point, 11 rebound, 2 blocks, 2 steals, 42% FT shooter center?

I don't think Ben was that important to the Pistions' success.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

So many people jobless and struggling----but this guy says this massive fortune is "disappointing."  Now I remember why I don't follow the NBA- it's due to guys and comments like this one.

Brinkeguthrie comes across with yet another brilliant comment. :rolleyes: Dude, you must not follow any professional sport. Ben's stance isn't unusual for the sports world, baseball included. Has Gary Sheffield ever been satisfied with any contract, even though there must be poor people "jobless and struggling" in New York, Atlanta, Florida, Los Angeles, and Milwaukee...but yet you folllow baseball, right brinke? Remember Ty Law turning down an offer from the Patriots because he "had to feed (his) family"...but, I guess everyone in New England is filthy rich, so that's no big deal. And I guess Terrell Owens won't stop you watching football, right brinke?

Again...

'comes across with yet another brilliant comment.' where DO you get the right to say something like that? How insulting.

I've followed all major pro sports since 1970.

And for him to say 50M is 'disappointing' is simply uncalled for. Period. Doubtless other athletes feel the same way. But they're not stupid enough to voice it in public for all to read.......are they.

If you don't like the post--------do me a favor and don't read it. Adios.

You're telling me that a team that was 64-18 and reached the EC Finals is no longer a contender (among the top 4) becuase they lost their 7 point, 11 rebound, 2 blocks, 2 steals, 42% FT shooter center?

You think that because he only adverage 7 point a game. The Pistons are a defensive team, not an offensive team and thats where Ben Wallace comes in. He the person who, believe it or not, is the corner stone of that starting unit. Dont base it on cause he not a scoring option. That phrase "Defense Wins Championship" applys to the Pistons. They got to the finals because their defense holds teams to under 90 points a game. If they was based on scoring trust me the 2 finals apperences in 3 year would have neva happened. They definitly lost a step by losing the Defensive player of the year.

Chicago another defensive oriented team will definitly be one of the top teams in the East.

Finally, presence in the paint. That was the number one problem for the Bulls this past season and its good to see Pax fix it. While its not going to put the Bulls back on the top of the mountain, with Big Ben, a great draft pick (Thomas), and some future All-Stars (Gordon, Hinrich, Nocioni, Deng), it will get the Bulls much closer to the to the top.

DA BULLS ARE BACK BABY!

"Everyone has good and bad days".

Look Brink, it all comes down to supply & demand. Ben Wallace, clearly the best defensive Center in the league, and the ONLY good Center available in this year's free agency was dissapointed on how Detroit failed to match up with the demand for him shown by other teams. It's as simple as that.

Personally I wouldn't say that kind of thing in public if I were him, because it adds salt to the wound of Pistons fans. But for a man who has won many awards in the NBA I don't blame him for going for the best offer.

Sports is a business, get over it.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

BULLS MAKING ANOTHER TRADE:

ESPN.COM IS REPORTING: NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com on Monday night that the Bulls were close to shipping Tyson Chandler to the Hornets for P.J. Brown and J.R. Smith.

We are looking a revamped young Chicago Bulls roster

Whaaaaaaaaaat?

Dude, get off of the stats... they're misleading. Ben Wallace anchored that entire Pistons team. He was the heart and soul of that team and solidified the Pistons defensive system. The guy made every hustle play, was an interior intimidator, and was one of few centers that actually shut down Shaquille O'Neal in Los Angeles when he was still the head honcho. The Pistons are still a good team, and are still a playoff team - but losing Big Ben drops them from guaranteed Eastern Conference Finals appearances, to fighting for the second round. Guys like Ben Wallace are hard to find... what other center in this league would fit right into the Pistons' system the way Ben Wallace did? Even if Shaq played in Detroit, the team would still be worse than if they retained Ben Wallace.

Ben Wallace drastically improves an already solid Bulls defense. If you want to play with stats, if I'm not mistaken, the Bulls were ranked first in opponents FG%. And that's with Tyson Chandler as you're interior presence. If the Chandler trade goes down, you throw in PJ Brown and JR Smith, that's a ridiculous team that's basically 12 deep.

Ben Wallace / Othella Harrington

PJ Brown / Tyrus Thomas

Andres Nocioni / Luol Deng

Ben Gordon / JR Smith

Kirk Hinricn / Chris Duhon

Wow.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I'm not hung up on stats.

I've been a Piston fance since the early 80's.

I watch over 50% of their games each season.

I know Ben was a great defensive player in a defensive system.

The other players (Billups, Prince, Sheed, Rip) aren't exactly liabilities on D.

All I'm saying is, Detroit is still a contender (top 4 in the East) despite what someone posted yesterday.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

PISTONS FIND WALLACE'S REPLACEMENT

ESPN.com Reports: Detoit Pistons have come to term with former San Antonio Spurs' Center NAZR MOHAMMAD on a five year - $30 million deal

Again...

'comes across with yet another brilliant comment.' where DO you get the right to say something like that? How insulting.

I've followed all major pro sports since 1970.

And for him to say 50M is 'disappointing' is simply uncalled for. Period. Doubtless other athletes feel the same way. But they're not stupid enough to voice it in public for all to read.......are they.

If you don't like the post--------do me a favor and don't read it. Adios.

Um, sorry, but he did point out others who did "voice it in public." All of a sudden, you're getting defensive because you've "followed all the major sports since 1970." Well, let me tell you something, you weren't paying attention all that time, because there's been plenty of stupid athletes (NBA and other) who have stuck their feet in their mouths by saying they were A) underpaid, B ) insulted by a contract offer, or C) needed to "feed their familes." A ton of money at a young age makes people do and say stupid things. If you don't like it, don't pay attention to sports. But to not like just the NBA because of it, and give the other pro leagues a pass is just plane ignorant.

Moose

Remarkable move for the Bulls, though don't count the Pistons out of the count yet. They still have one of the best lineups in the league, keeping it just as consistent with the acquisition of Mohammad. And if they manage to obtain Bonzi, then they should be just fine.

Now since this whole ordeal has prevented the Spurs from getting the three top centers in the free agent market...I hope they get something good out of this in general.

GR30a5H.png

I'm not hung up on stats.

I've been a Piston fance since the early 80's.

I watch over 50% of their games each season.

I know Ben was a great defensive player in a defensive system.

The other players (Billups, Prince, Sheed, Rip) aren't exactly liabilities on D.

All I'm saying is, Detroit is still a contender (top 4 in the East) despite what someone posted yesterday.

I never said the Pistons weren't a contender. All I said was that they are not dead yet, so if anyone is counting them out, they shouldn't. What I basically said is that Detroit is not in the top four in the east. Nowhere did I say they can't contend. But without Ben Wallace, being the defensive, intimidating, rebounding, shot blocking force that he is, it will be a lot more difficult for them to get to the top again. They still have four of their starting five, but who is going to play center for them, Kelvin Cato, unless Detroit can somehow sign some other big man because he's definitely not of the same caliber as Ben Wallace.

'comes across with yet another brilliant comment.'  where DO you get the right to say something like that?  How insulting.

It's insulting because you're completely ignorant when it comes to sports you enjoy. I offer no apology.

Re-read my post, and then moose's post one more time, and maybe you'll take off your blinders.

And for him to say 50M is 'disappointing' is simply uncalled for.  Period.  Doubtless other athletes feel the same way.  But they're not stupid enough to voice it in public for all to read.......are they.

Ty Law DID voice his displeasure in the papers for all to read.

Terrell Owens DID voice his displeasure for all to see and read.

Gary Sheffield DOES voice his displeasure for all to read, no matter what city he's located.

And these three examples are miniscule compared to the number of players who voice their displeasure. How many guys miss training camp/Spring Training because they don't like their contract situation? How many draft picks hold out because the money they're offered isn't good enough? Huh, brinke?? It must be zero in your small corner of the world. Maybe Sports Illustrated doesn't report those things like all of the rest of the papers in the United States, I dunno.

To diss on a sport and a basketball player (who later thanked the city of Detroit and the Pistons themselves for the opportunity - did you read that, newsguy?) is astoundlingly stupid, especially for someone that follows baseball and football...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

'comes across with yet another brilliant comment.'  where DO you get the right to say something like that?  How insulting.

It's insulting because you're completely ignorant when it comes to sports you enjoy. I offer no apology.

Re-read my post, and then moose's post one more time, and maybe you'll take off your blinders.

And for him to say 50M is 'disappointing' is simply uncalled for.  Period.  Doubtless other athletes feel the same way.  But they're not stupid enough to voice it in public for all to read.......are they.

Ty Law DID voice his displeasure in the papers for all to read.

Terrell Owens DID voice his displeasure for all to see and read.

Gary Sheffield DOES voice his displeasure for all to read, no matter what city he's located.

And these three examples are miniscule compared to the number of players who voice their displeasure. How many guys miss training camp/Spring Training because they don't like their contract situation? How many draft picks hold out because the money they're offered isn't good enough? Huh, brinke?? It must be zero in your small corner of the world. Maybe Sports Illustrated doesn't report those things like all of the rest of the papers in the United States, I dunno.

To diss on a sport and a basketball player (who later thanked the city of Detroit and the Pistons themselves for the opportunity - did you read that, newsguy?) is astoundlingly stupid, especially for someone that follows baseball and football...

My original post's intention was this: that the average fan that supports the Pistons would be outraged that this player called a 50 million dollar contract 'disappointing.'

Whether other athletes say the same thing is irrelevant. I wasn't speaking of them.

Go stand outside the Piston's arena and ask people if they think a 50 million dollar deal is disappointing. You might be surprised.

PS - I've never experienced such personal animosity. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Archived