New Lightning Font?

Brass

Hasn't the website always used that paintbrush font for the Lightning jersey personalizing tool? I do recall them using it on the site last year.

I wouldn't look into is as a surefire bet that the team will be returning to it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Hasn't the website always used that paintbrush font for the Lightning jersey personalizing tool? I do recall them using it on the site last year.

I wouldn't look into is as a surefire bet that the team will be returning to it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

you are correct sir, the lightning have not, and most likely will not, change to the reporter font.

The NHL shop seems to screw up many fonts. It gives the Columbus alt and dark red numbers w/ a white outline and the Leafs home their rounded numbers that they had before their current numbers.

Personally, I've always preferred the modified and italicized block font the 'Ning used starting in '93. Coming in a close second: the original jagged font used on the Best NHL Alternate Ever (also used by the Quebec Rafales.)

But I agree, the paintbrush is an upgrade from the standard block. So is the arched lettering.

If I remember correctly, the Ligtning have had five different number fonts on six different jerseys in their history.

Primary Jerseys

'92-'93 - Block font with drop shadow.

'93-'94 - Italicized block font with drop shadow.

'95-'01 - Reporter two (paintbrush) font.

'01-Present - Block font.

Alternate Jersey

'96-'98 - Jagged, electric font

'98-99 - Reporter two (paintbrush) font.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived