"PLAYER IN MOTION" UNIFROM TEMPLATE

axl007

I may have a job coming up for a football team this fall so I wanted to come up with a new template to show all of the possible uniform options. I would still use a "floating uniform" for the main concept, but wanted a player for all the combo's. This one is just for a concept I was playing around with awhile back. Just posting for the heck of it.uniform.png

CLHEL2.png

The template looks really good, especially the runner. I like to see the uniform in motion.

However, what are all the black splashes on their bodies? If it is shadowing, I'd suggest you only put a 15-20% transparent black on there...

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

my first thought was exactly the same as pollux'...the black is distracting and needs to be toned WAY down - the receiver's number looks a bit odd, too - i know it's supposed to indicate that he's running, but the angle is a bit extreme

otherwise, pretty nice stuff

jldesigns404eo.png

The template looks really good, especially the runner. I like to see the uniform in motion.

However, what are all the black splashes on their bodies? If it is shadowing, I'd suggest you only put a 15-20% transparent black on there...

Agreed, and I think you need a few less black lines on the QB's legs.

buffalo_sig.png

I like the idea behind the templates, and they are cool illustrations, but there is a downside...there's always a design element that's going to be obscured by an arm, leg, or football.

For example, on the wide receiver, you don't get to see the side of the helmet, or a logo on the front hip of the pants. The numbers look really small and misaligned, I think there would only be a small reduction in size due to perspective on them.

For the quarterback, you don't get a good view of the side panels (if any), or the stripes on the sides of the pants.

If these were to be shown in combination with a more thorough template (like what the CFL published with the redesign of all the teams' uniforms), then these are fantastic. But if they're to be shown as they are, you may have to add other angles, like rear and side, to get a more complete view of the uniforms.

Oh, yeah, the black shadows are too dark...cut back on the transparency a bit. :P

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

These are pretty cool, but they would only really work in addition to your other template. For the WR, it would make more sense to me if the numbers were tilted 90 degrees clockwise.

Archived