Logo Program

Denver#1

Hey i wanted to know if there is any program that you can create logos on

http://www.google.com

Type in "Logo creation software"

Click "I'm feeling lucky"

Go from there. ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Although you can create it in anything theorectically, I personally think any and all logos should be created in Illustrator. It is without a doubt the most important tool to use to design logos in (freehand is good as well).

You want a vector based program, because say if you were to create the greatest logo ever in photoshop, now you are stuck with the question of "Is this the exact resolution and size I need?", "What if they need this for a billboard?", "What if I have all of these gradients on it, and it needs to be a flat one color logo for a t-shirt or some other application of the logo?".

Logos should usually be created so it it works in black and white. Any logo you make should be able to work in it's most simplest form. Plus (as I stated before) if you start and end in Illustrator, they can make it as big as they want or as small as they want. If they have changes, they are easier to make, especially if you have a few happy accidents that you may not be sure that you can recreate again.

For whatever reason, too many people only know photoshop because it is the flashier program, but if you really want to create graphics from scratch for logos, websites or whatever, I recommmend starting in Illustrator first, it allows you to be more organic with your shapes and ideas.

Although you can create it in anything theorectically, I personally think any and all logos should be created in Illustrator. It is without a doubt the most important tool to use to design logos in (freehand is good as well).

You want a vector based program, because say if you were to create the greatest logo ever in photoshop, now you are stuck with the question of "Is this the exact resolution and size I need?", "What if they need this for a billboard?", "What if I have all of these gradients on it, and it needs to be a flat one color logo for a t-shirt or some other application of the logo?".

Logos should usually be created so it it works in black and white. Any logo you make should be able to work in it's most simplest form. Plus (as I stated before) if you start and end in Illustrator, they can make it as big as they want or as small as they want. If they have changes, they are easier to make, especially if you have a few happy accidents that you may not be sure that you can recreate again.

For whatever reason, too many people only know photoshop because it is the flashier program, but if you really want to create graphics from scratch for logos, websites or whatever, I recommmend starting in Illustrator first, it allows you to be more organic with your shapes and ideas.

Agreed 100%.

I will, however, say this: used the right way, photoshop can be a good aid to illustrator. What I mean is this (and I've done it): one can take a picture of something they've done, such as a pencil sketch or something, doctor it up in photoshop, or just play around with a bunch of ideas or what now and doctor those up, and then export that into illustrator and then become best friends with the pen tool (ah yes...the famous pen tool.) It is also possible to File/Place a picture into an Illustrator document and pen-tool trace it as well. (CS2 actually has a "live-trace" feature...that is SO MUCH EASIER!!!)

I agree though (and this has been beat over my head a million and one times in my classes), the best logos work in black and white as well as color (think Houston Texans, Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Red wings, or most airline and corporate logos).

Of course, as most anyone with even a stitch of design talent knows, the BEST place to start is with a pencil and a piece of paper.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

In all fairness, though - if anyone has to ask if there are any programs that can create logos, running right out to buy Illustrator probably isn't in their best interest.

There's no harm in starting small, with just about any program you can find. The common thread among the best designers on this board isn't a program - it's an eye for design.

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

In all fairness, though - if anyone has to ask if there are any programs that can create logos, running right out to buy Illustrator probably isn't in their best interest.

There's no harm in starting small, with just about any program you can find. The common thread among the best designers on this board isn't a program - it's an eye for design.

There's no harm in starting small, with just about any program you can find.  The common thread among the best designers on this board isn't a program - it's an eye for design.

Very true. Very, very true. I know I started out with the smallest program one can find--and I found it right at Eckerd's.

That would be a 24-pack of Crayola Color Pencils. And a bunch of filler looseleaf.

(Did I mention at one time I also used a Etch-and-Sketch to develop ideas???)

Plus, Illustrator (as I found out during this past term of classes) takes a while to learn and and even longer to get halfway decent at. (DASTARD PEN TOOL!!! :P ) It just takes practice and commitment. But I think that's true with just about any software program. Or anything, really, even sketching and drawing. I mean, after all, nobody can exactly come out the womb and create a Rembrandt portrati. True, some people are born with the talent, but, like most other things, it's got to be realized first, then developed.

All good things take time. (I say that preaching to myself...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

who said anything about buying?!?! :)

(Just kidding, as I own every single thing on my computer)

Archived