Rochester Red Wings July 4th Jerseys

Sold! The Red Wings auctioned off their special red, white and blue Fourth of July jerseys during Tuesday's game and the net profit was $1,900. That money will help fund the 17 Little Leagues the Wings will sponsor next season.

Apparently someone liked them enough to drop some cash on them.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure there was a rush to put out Independence Day jerseys in minor league baseball yesterday. My hometown team was sporting the following:

LGstankid.jpg

Any more?

Isn't it illegal to to use the american flag to make a crappy baseball jersey? ^_^

image,Shane-spc-Williams,white,black.png

whenever I see a major league team wearing some kind of gimmick jersey or something I always think: How bad would it suck for you if you waited your whole life to throw a perfect game or no hitter in the major leagues and it came on the night when your team decided to wear turn ahead the clock jerseys :D

PvO6ZWJ.png

Isn't baseball enough of an american tradition that bad gimmick jerseys aren't needed? I thought just playing the game on the 4th represented america fantastically.

in a perfect world, my friend, in a perfect world... :grin:

I attended the Rochester/Scranton game last night at Frontier Field

and saw a woman fan wearing one of these jerseys. They are just as bad up close and in person. I tried to ask here how much she had to bid to win in it in the auction, but I think she was deaf. :rolleyes:

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

Earlier in the thread I had asked if anyone knew how much longer they'd be using the black jerseys. I may have been able to answer my own question. I was at the game Friday evening as well and was making conversation with the lady at the team store. I asked something about jerseys being auctioned off, and she said that at the end of the season that they'd be auctioning off all of the current black jerseys. That piqued my interest. I asked if they're going back to the white ones or to a new set all together. Then she kind of acted funny, like she'd said too much. It was great! Here's to hoping it's true...

P.S. - maybe they'll get rid of the damn cartoon bird too! DEATH TO SPIKES!!

I've been a Wings fan for nearly 50 years. And I totally dislike the black jerseys and the use of black altogether. A question that has always bugged me...The Wings added black to their colors years ago, partly due to their Orioles affiliation.

Now they're a Minnesota farm club but still use the black. Minny's colors are red and navy which are also the Wings' original hues.

DITCH THE BLACK! You can't read the lettering and they look hideous. I favor a return to the Cardinal-inspird uniforms of the '50s and early '60s. They were classically understated. The Red Wings' all-time best look.

Hey Bulldog! We've discussed this very topic in the past. I agree! Go back to the 50's - 60's style! The Wings best ever! I very much hope that if they are going to a new style all together that it's something like that. If nothing else, at least back to the white.

And I also agree - the red lettering on black jerseys - almost impossible to read from the stands.

Bulldog, can you locate some photos of the unie the wore when the

were with Saint Louis?

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

I couldn't think of a better place to put this. Here are Rochester's Negro League appreciation uniforms. Can anyone shed some information on the "RAC" triangle? It's nice to see the FC hats, even if they make zero sense with those uniforms.

Oh well. They tried.

LGJonesfirst.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I couldn't think of a better place to put this.  Here are Rochester's Negro League appreciation uniforms.  Can anyone shed some information on the "RAC" triangle?  It's nice to see the FC hats, even if they make zero sense with those uniforms.

Oh well.  They tried.

I think that might be a G in the bottom of the triangle, though that hasn't helped me in trying to find who this uniform belonged to.

I thought the A.G. could be "American Giants" or G could be "Grays," but niether of those make sense. C could be "Cubans" but that wouldn't work either.

EDIT: It is "American Giants." Rochester American Giants. I got confused, because the only "American Giants" I had heard of were Chicago. I got it from the game recap on the Red Wings site. (I'd link to it, but the link goes to just the most recent game recap.) here's what it said...

The Red Wings wore Rochester American Giants uniforms for the game; check out the Hahn Photographic Pics of the Day to see photos.

EDIT AGAIN: This PDF File starts off with a picture of the Rochester American Giants in uniform. I haven't read through it, but it seems to deal with amateur baseball in Rochester.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

On Friday, Rochester had an Irish Night and wore these hideous green and back jerseys. Sleeves were black and the chest/back were dark green.

Can anyone locate photos so we can all laugh at them? :D

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

On Friday, Rochester had an Irich Night and wore these hideous green and back jerseys.  Sleeves were black and the chest/back were dark green.

Can anyone locate photos so we can all laugh at them?  :D

Yes. I was there closing out my ballpark tour. Give me a minute and I'll put a couple up.

They also auctioned off the hats from the games, which they signed. They opened bids at $20 each and all were bid on, but only by one or two people. They probably didn't crack $1000.

EDIT: Enjoy!

rwings1.png

rwings2.png

rwings3.png

rwings4.png

I have an update. In a previous post I expressed my concerns with the Red Wings current black jerseys and questioned whether they might be returning to home whites or going to new uni's completely for next season.

I actually contacted the team and was responded to by none other than Naomi Silver, the Chairman of the Board/COO. Her reply was prompt, courteous and respectful. It's fun to joke on their uniforms a little, but Rochester Community Baseball is truly a class act and treats their fans with respect.

Have a read and see for yourself:

From the email:

"...a logo change is probably not something we are considering for the very near future... ...When changing the primary logo, we must go through an extensive approval process and it is extremely expensive, so I would say that we probably have a fair number of years before we can do that. Ideally, a team does not change its primary logo very often, in hopes of creating a strong recognition for the mark. As you probably have noticed, in the last 10-15 years, most teams did create new marks, trying to capitalize on the fact that Minor League logos and associated sales have skyrocketed. Most of these teams with large fan bases and strong sales have not changed their logos.

The color of our uniform went back to black (although we do try to use other jerseys a fair amount) as a result of fan input. We had a lot of favorable feedback on the black jerseys, which is generally our impetus for making this type of change. I will certainly make note of your thoughts, though, so when we are discussing this again in the fall, we will have the benefit of your input along with others.

Again, thanks for your feedback.

Sincerely,

Naomi Silver

I wonder how they gathered the fan feedback that was in favor of the black jerseys. It's funny how she noted that they do use other jerseys "a fair amount". Regardless of my own tastes and style preferences, her mail made me feel better about the uniform situation, and proud to be a wings fan. Am I making too big a deal of this? I guess I'm just suprised to receive a reply that's not a form letter. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

The blacks are fine.

I've given them positive input/feedback on the home blcaks before.

Mrs. Silver is right. They tend to use alot of alternate jerseys.

In fact, this Wednesday (A game I will be at), they are planning on sporting gold jerseys for a sponsor. I'll try to get some pics.

Has this team become the official CCSLC AAA team???

Preferred Care Gold Day - The team will wear special gold jerseys that will be auctioned off to fans at a later date ... Stan Musial Magnet Giveaway (1st 5,000 fans) , presented by Preferred Care

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

Gold jerseys, huh? That I've gotta see. Am definitely looking forward to pictures. I wonder if they'll be like the bright orange jerseys they wore last year? I won two of those at auction. They were relatively cheap.

Any idea when all these auctions will be? Is there some sort of schedule?

You might be right about the Wings being the CCSLC AAA team. Or at least there are enough of us here from Rochester to keep the topic(s) going!

I'm happy to do so as well. As a former Rochesterian, I've spent lots of money at Silver Stadium/Fronteir Field. While I'd never by anything with Spikes on it, I do support my Red Wings and am very impressed Naomi Silver herself respdonded to your email.

However, shouldn't she have better things to do with her time?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Two Saturdays ago Rancho Cucamonga Quakes were wearing pink jerseys to support Breat Cancer. I was there a took some pics.

1.jpg

2.jpg

THey jerseys were auctioned off with the money going to charity. My dad and I got one.

3.jpg

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Pink Baseball jerseys?

I've seen it all. :P

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

Archived