Detroit Tigers BP

buckeyes

Here is a new BP for the Detroit Tigers, It's pretty good. Tell me what you think.

High on yourself?

You're one to talk, Scrappy.

Only thing that kind of irks me about this is that the jersey is predominately orange, yet the cap logo and numbers are white. Try for consistancy there. Otherwise, this is a good start, and is quite clean.

VmWIn6B.png

Here is a new BP for the Detroit Tigers, It's pretty good. Tell me what you think.

detroitbp.jpg

Since you're going the inverse route here, try making the numerals navy and make the cap itself orange with a blue "D" and blue bill (I think that would better match the orange socks--or stirrups). Oh--and make the balt navy, just to avoid going ALL orange.

Now THAT would be spring training. Bright and lively yes? I think so, but I'm a FLORIDA BOY so I like vibrant color (and if there's any discrepancy about my fondness for the color orange, I think the guy holding the cutlass in his teeth can solve that pretty quick :P).

Nice start, though.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Not crazy about the sudden appearance of white numbers on an otherwise orange-dominant, navy-complementary concept. There's no white around the "D" or the underarm gussets. And light numbers on a light background will be harder to read than going the more conventional way.

As for the other stuff: there's no defensible reason for BP socks and belts. For one, MLB makes BP gear as much for marketing to the fans as they do for the players to train in. Many fans can rationalize forking over cash for a BP jersey or cap; after all, they fit differently, made of breathable mesh fabric and often come in colors beyond the more staid white or gray that game jerseys have to offer. Who's going to buy authentic MLB belts or socks? People don't buy or wear game hosiery, so is there a market for BP hosiery? For two, they're wearing the pants for the game, so why would they change every other piece of equipment but keep the pants? Secondly, orange belts would logically be worn with orange shoes. Not only would that require a 2nd pair of shoes, but - ORANGE SHOES at that. That's more than a no-no; that's approaching "oh God, please don't" territory.

[/soapbox] Patsox - just stop, dude. Take a breather, maybe even a little sabbatical from the boards. It's one thing to make sloppy concepts after being told ad nauseam by almost everyone critiquing your work to clean your stuff up and take your time - neither of which you've done to this point. It's another to go into everyone else's threads and start taking potshots at their work... or at them personally. You're making everyone remember how dislikable you were when you first joined and started posting, and you're making everyone forget the progress you've made away from being that person. [soapbox]

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived