Ohio University Football

Ben5

Here is a concept I made for the Ohio University Bobcats. I am not a big fan of their current helmets with the plain OHIO written on them, so I went back to an older design. It's not the exact same as the old helmet (used in the 70s), but it's very close. The shoulder logo is the same as the the logo used on the helmet in the 80s. I remember tempest doing an OU concept last year, so I purposely did not look at it as to keep his ideas out of my mind.

OhioU.gif

C&C is greatly appreciated.

I like the logo on the helmet. I think a green facemask would be better, just to add more to the uniform.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

This is pretty good. Not a huge change, which is good. I kind of like the helmets as they are now, but those look good as well. The jereseys look good also. I hope OU always stays with the classic looking jerseys and doesnt change to the modern look. I agree that they would never do these jerseys, but the concept looks great.

Thanks for the C&C so far guys. Of course I realize that they will probably never use it, but it's still fun to make anyways. I kept the white facemask because OU has had a white facemask for years and years and years. Once again, the "OHIO" in the state is based on an old helmet logo. Once again, thanks for the comments, and keep them coming.

I like that you changed the logo to something other than the arched OHIO they have now. I also like how you resisted the urge to use the paw. Everyone I know says they should use the paw with a green facemask. At least one D-1 team already uses a paw and that is clemson. Their should not be two. So good job there. One thing that could be fixed in my opinion would be that the word OHIO might be too big for the state. It is almost falling off on the right side. Keep the angle it's at, just make it a little smaller.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Thanks mac. I always like it when I C&C from people who go to the school the concept is for. I revised the helmet a little bit:

OhioUHelmet.gif

Let me know what you think.

Green and white--the Ohio Jets! YES!!!

No--I'm playing. I like the classy, simple look of these. Compared to the arched "Ohio" they use now, I think using the state outline actually works pretty good on the helmet--let these folks know Ohio DOES field a D-1 team! (In how many other states is the STATE university--Ohio State in this case--bigger in terms of stature and more widely known than the university OF the state? :P ) Plus, I like the color green.

One tiny little point of curiosity: how would the double stripes lok on the sleeves, or even on the sleeve/collar ribbing? I mean--it looks realy good as is, though...

One other thing: I don't think the people in Pittsburgh are going to like you very much for stealing on of their "trademarks"and using it as your name--especially a fan of one of their archrivals. Big Ben...BENGALS??? I can hear the shouts of "TRAVESTY" from my office desk!!! :D

(It's not like I really care--I just happen to live in this ass-backward city now and these folks can be some LOO-NA-TICKS!!! Plus, you know where MY allegiance lies...) ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Being a fan of the MAC (huge Marshall fan in the house), I always appreciate when a MAC school is represented, even if it is just concept.

Not a huge departure from the original, but I like it. Give 'em a green road helmet and you've got a sweet concept there.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Thanks mac. I always like it when I C&C from people who go to the school the concept is for. I revised the helmet a little bit:

OhioUHelmet.gif

Let me know what you think.

I like that alot better.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Compared to the arched "Ohio" they use now, I think using the state outline actually works pretty good on the helmet--let these folks know Ohio DOES field a D-1 team!  (In how many other states is the STATE university--Ohio State in this case--bigger in terms of stature and more widely known than the university OF the state? :P )  Plus, I like the color green.

I've thought about that myself, and Penn State, Louisiana State, and Rutgers (on a technicality) are the only other examples.

About the concept, I like it. Nice and clean, which is always a plus. One suggestion, maybe...how about the arched "OHIO" that was previously on the helmet, on the sleeve (instead of the pawprint) and have the pawprint on the side of the pants? Just an idea.

Either way, good work.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I always liked OHIO inside the state outline. We are one of the few states/universities that can boldly fit the name of the state inside the state outline so well. As much as I like that logo, though, the paw is still the best. It's simplicity and accuracy of form are unmatched by Clemson's paw. It's too bad the University no longer uses it due to the controversy. Still, nobody has stopped the Ohio Ultimate team from wearing it on their jerseys for the last five or so years. I would love to see the state outline on the sleeve here.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I always liked OHIO inside the state outline. We are one of the few states/universities that can boldly fit the name of the state inside the state outline so well. As much as I like that logo, though, the paw is still the best. It's simplicity and accuracy of form are unmatched by Clemson's paw. It's too bad the University no longer uses it due to the controversy. Still, nobody has stopped the Ohio Ultimate team from wearing it on their jerseys for the last five or so years. I would love to see the state outline on the sleeve here.

Originally, I had it switched with the paw on the helmet and the state on the sleeve. The reasons for my changing it were: Clemson already has the paw on the logo (like mac said), and the sleeve is not really a place for something that close to a wordmark.

Thanks again guys. I have a few more concepts I plan on dusting off in the next few days, but keep the C&C coming.

BB...

Serious upgrade. I never liked the vertical arch lettering on college football helmets (UNLV, Ohio). It looks like someone was inspired by a baseball jersey and said "F it, this'll do" instead of come up with a helmet logo.

You came up with a helmet logo. You're right - Ohio is one of the few states where you can fit the state name into its outline, and make it legible.

Alternative idea would be a white paw inside the Ohio borders. But I like what you did well enough.

Nothing to change. And you did it without adding a single color to an understated but effective color scheme: simple green and white. Bravo.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived