Liriano or A.J.

Grendel

Two things...

What the hell was Pierzynski even doing in the vote? .325/6 HR/29 RBI seems pretty pedestrian to me compared to Hafners .319/ 24 HR/70 RBI -- even if Hafner doesn't play defense.

Liriano deserved to go. He's clearly the better pitcher over Verlander.

IUe6Hvh.png

The southside mentality is to go all or nothing on these things. Liriano was far more deserving, but AJ's Captain Chaos. It would just be the icing on the cake to an amazing first half. Seriously though, if you hate fan voting so much, and really want to see Lirano in, vote! I sat at my computer voting for an hour. People under estimate how powerful the southside is. You know every single Sox fan got to work and said, "Screw this, I'm voting for AJ today." People who wanted Liriano in assumed that he would get in, because all of America would vote for him, and meanwhile they did nothing. The best part is, the Sox fans know that AJ doesn't deserve to go, we just want to see people complain.

The southside mentality is to go all or nothing on these things. Liriano was far more deserving, but AJ's Captain Chaos. It would just be the icing on the cake to an amazing first half. Seriously though, if you hate fan voting so much, and really want to see Lirano in, vote! I sat at my computer voting for an hour. People under estimate how powerful the southside is. You know every single Sox fan got to work and said, "Screw this, I'm voting for AJ today." People who wanted Liriano in assumed that he would get in, because all of America would vote for him, and meanwhile they did nothing. The best part is, the Sox fans know that AJ doesn't deserve to go, we just want to see people complain.

I voted for an hour on three straight days. Thanks for the advice. Damn lotta good that did me.

Fan voting is a joke.

The truth is, AJ got in because the White Sox were at home and could appeal directly to their fanbase. The Twins were stuck in Kansas City, with only the option of putting up highway signs back home to advertise to the fans.

I voted for an hour on three straight days. Thanks for the advice. Damn lotta good that did me.

Fan voting is a joke.

The truth is, AJ got in because the White Sox were at home and could appeal directly to their fanbase. The Twins were stuck in Kansas City, with only the option of putting up highway signs back home to advertise to the fans.

And you don't have ESPN, local sports radio, 10 o'clock news, or any of that in the Twin Cities? Do these people live in caves? I wanted Liriano to get in too, obv., but nobody votes multiple times like Chicago.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Fan voting is a joke.

Let me get this straight. You voted MULTIPLE times, yet complain about how fan voting is a joke? Isn't that a bit hypocritical? :P Isn't what makes it a joke the fact that you can vote MULTIPLE times? :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Let me get this straight. You voted MULTIPLE times, yet complain about how fan voting is a joke? Isn't that a bit hypocritical?  Isn't what makes it a joke the fact that you can vote MULTIPLE times?

This whole multipe-vote system is so, so wrong. Vote once, vote often -- and if you live in a larger market, your votes just multiply. This is totally unfair to small-market players.

A.J. Pierzynski is having a fine year, but nothing like Liriano and especially like Travis Hafner. The fact that Hafner isn't in the All-Star game and has never been in All-Star is a downright crime.

Baseball needs to totally revamp this whole system.

Archived