Tennessee FC

YELDARBfield

After the World Cup started, I got to thinking about what different states would do if there was a 'Cup-esque tournament between U.S. states. So I decided to do my home state, The Great State of Tennessee! This is my 3rd concept, but my first done with Inkscape.

TNFCkits.png

I'm not married to the fonts used for the badge or numerals, so any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also, I'm not completely sure what I am doing with the alt. kit. I was going to attempt a Italy style blue with gold jersey, but I changed my mind as it didn't really work as well as I'd hoped.

C+C please!

These look good. I just have a problem with your number placement. Try to make it so the numbers don't touch the lines on the jersey. I would also place the numbers above the lines on the shorts as well.

Updates:

TNFC1.png

- Added Jack Daniel's banner.

- Switched the numeral font from "Snickers" to "Snicker Straight".

- Switched the font in the badge from "Zrnic" (Playstation 1 font) to "Snickers Straight."

(All fonts found on dafont.com.)

- Scrapped the alt. kit.

I tried a higher location for the shorts numerals, but it looked stupid.

Since I didn't have a chance to post this in the States Concepts thread that got graveyarded, I might as well say it here: This project, along with ICS's 50 States baseball and hockey projects, sort of reminds me of what the Gaelic Athletic Association does in Ireland for their sporting competitions (hurling, Gaelic football, rounders, etc). Instead of competing under the auspices of a professional league, the GAA teams compete by county and province. For example, the province of Munster (which has its own provincial team BTW) includes teams for counties Clare, Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary, and Waterford. These projects sort of remind me of how the GAA operates, and I think there should be a place for them on the boards.

Back on topic, it looks as though the project is off to a great start so far. It's clear your primary precedent comes from the Tennessee flag, and you've managed to pull it off pretty well. You might be able to do without the white shoulder yoke, I think it needlessly breaks up the continuity of the jerseys. Everything else looks great, though.

QPR%20Sig.png

Tennessee's license plate is white and various shades of green. Red, white and blue doesn't scream "Tennesssee" to me. I like the concept a lot, but the colors don't seem quite right. Otherwise, it looks great.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Tennessee's license plate is white and various shades of green. Red, white and blue doesn't scream "Tennesssee" to me. I like the concept a lot, but the colors don't seem quite right. Otherwise, it looks great.

I'm guessing red/white/blue because of the state flag. Speaking of the state flag, I love the tri-stars integrated into the soccer ball. That screams Tennessee Soccer.

ucnu112sig.png

Tennessee's license plate is white and various shades of green.  Red, white and blue doesn't scream "Tennesssee" to me.  I like the concept a lot, but the colors don't seem quite right.  Otherwise, it looks great.

I'm guessing red/white/blue because of the state flag. Speaking of the state flag, I love the tri-stars integrated into the soccer ball. That screams Tennessee Soccer.

agreed on both parts.

i generally think a flag represents a state more than their LP's...

anyway, nice so far... love the crest.

i wouldn't put numbers AND a sponsor, though... and i agree that the crest would look best on top of the stripes, rather than opposite them.

I vectorized one of the templates used in ArsenalGnnr's Super Hero Premier League thread using the 'Bitmap to Path' command on Inkscape.

I can send you a copy of the cleaned up template as either a raster (.png) or an .svg, used in Inkscpae, Gimp, and other vector based programs (excluding Illustrator or Corel). Just PM or email me with your email address and what type of file you need.

I like these. The uniform colors are a little bright for my tastes (but thats just me, not tennessee). I really like the logo though, it's simple yet gets the point across effectively. Than and the 3 stars on the soccer ball is better than anything i would have thought of.

TDZiMMB.png

Archived