A new contest?

BigShoop

NASCAR's logo is about 20 years past it's prime, folks. It needs a major overhaul. MAJOR.

- It's boring.

- It doesnt jump of the page at you.

- It's not modern.

- It's multi colored for god sakes!

NASCAR_logo.gif

Would anyone be interested in a contest?

SigReflect.png

Actually, I think it's perfect.

Simple, but not too simple. It clearly shows motion...race cars kinda, you know, move quickly.

And it's only four colors. At least it's not a red/white/blue sihlouette logo...any one of those that was created after 1980 is a poser...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

But have you ever noticed that the color change from red to maroon (or whatever it is) is not like the other two? It's vertical because it occurs on the right edge of the "A". The change from yellow to red and from maroon to blue occur at a consistent angle. This has always bothered me.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

NASCAR's logo is about 20 years past it's prime, folks. It needs a major overhaul. MAJOR.

- It's boring.

- It doesnt jump of the page at you.

- It's not modern.

- It's multi colored for god sakes!

NASCAR_logo.gif

Would anyone be interested in a contest?

Ask Jeff Gordon if he likes it or not.

Rainbow logo? Rainbow WARRIOR??? Hmmm...I think he might approve.

(Actually, there's a LOT of things I could say about that cat...has anyone seen this guy's DOG? I remember seeing him with in on Regis a while back...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

But have you ever noticed that the color change from red to maroon (or whatever it is) is not like the other two? It's vertical because it occurs on the right edge of the "A". The change from yellow to red and from maroon to blue occur at a consistent angle. This has always bothered me.

Actually the color change appears inside the "A"

Although it should just change after the "N", that make more sense to stay consistent with the angles

I am a really big fan of NASCAR and I would be in for a contest to redisign that logo. I hate it. It would be my biggest personal challenge yet but I think I could pull something off that is half good.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived