Packers mark 10th ann. of SB XXXI

DrBear

superbowlxxxi_10yrs_200.jpg

Packers.com announced plans by the team to mark the 10th anniversary of Super Bowl XXXI.

From the site:

Among the items that will feature the anniversary logo are the team's Gameday Program, the media guide and the Packers Yearbook.

Packers ticket holders will enjoy the logo on their tickets as well as exciting pictures from the Super Bowl.

On game days inside Lambeau Field, the TundraVision video boards will play vignettes featuring key moments from the Super Bowl.

The Packers Pro Shop will offer selected items that feature the anniversary logo, as well as merchandise that has logos from all three Super Bowls - I, II and XXXI - won by the team.

The retail outlet also will offer a commemorative pin program from Activa that will feature many of the Super Bowl team's key players, including Brett Favre, Reggie White, LeRoy Butler, Edgar Bennett and William Henderson. The pin program follows up last year's popular medallion set.

And for video fans, the popular highlight film from the Super Bowl season has been re-issued on DVD and already is available through the Packers Pro Shop.

On the Internet, the team's Web site, www.packers.com, will feature articles throughout the year that will look back at many of the season's exciting moments and catch up with players that helped win the championship.

Players from the 1996 team also will be involved in some of the team's activities, with details to be announced at a later date.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

It's not like the Packers had a choice in the matter, but that original Super Bowl 31 logo was HORENDOUSLY ugly. Although I am biased, as I just don't like those colors.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Talk about cheesy! This is truly a bad idea, celebrating that we haven't won anything in 10 years. Ugh.

Dude...first of all, HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU PRONOUNCE THAT LOCATION???!

(And I thought the Florida Panhandle had some crazy town names... :D )

That's one too many O's for me...

Anyway, what's the use of celebrating a world championship 10 years after the fact? Are they trying to inject some "nostalgic" sense of joy into the franchise? Maybe it's because the Packers have been in such a funk of late and they need a "boost"...

What they need is some good players (did someone say A.J. Hawk?) and a restraining order against the injury bug that bit them so bad last year and the year before that. Beyond that...I don't know...

In some kinda way, I'm thinking if the Packers have another subpar year, this whole "Super Bowl Championship" anniversary markting campaign is only going to sting Packer nation even deeper...remembering how GOOD they used to be for so long, and then, to watch them fall off the way they did...ouch.

PACKER NATION...JOIN TOGETHER IN A PRAYER VIGL AND SOMEBODY DRAFT A RESTRAINING ORDER...KEEP THE INJURY BUG AWAY THIS YEAR!!! (And is Samkon Gado still around? That's one of the coolest names I've heard this side of Osi Umenyiora and Tamba Hali...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This is going too far!!! :cursing:

I can understand teams wearing anniversary patches for 10th season, 25th season, etc. But now patches to commemorate a GAME? I guess it's the Jets' turn to trot out a patch for winning SB III...reminding everyone that they haven't won JACK in 37 years.

What would be HILARIOUS is if the Buccs wore a commemorative patch for beating the Saints in 1977 and breaking their 26-game losing streak.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Talk about cheesy!  This is truly a bad idea, celebrating that we haven't won anything in 10 years.  Ugh.

It's not that hard, just pronounce it like it looks: O-CON-O-MO-WOC

Do it slowly first, then say it a bit more quickly, and you'll probably be accurate.

QPR%20Sig.png

It's not like the Packers had a choice in the matter, but that original Super Bowl 31 logo was HORENDOUSLY ugly. Although I am biased, as I just don't like those colors.

The Super Bowl was held in New Orleans, thus the usage of Mardi Gras colors was appropriate. Looks very New Orleanian to me.

Chris

Talk about cheesy!  This is truly a bad idea, celebrating that we haven't won anything in 10 years.  Ugh.

It's not that hard, just pronounce it like it looks: O-CON-O-MO-WOC

Do it slowly first, then say it a bit more quickly, and you'll probably be accurate.

Phonetically, it's oh CON uh muh' walk. The local baseball team is called the "5 O's".

Gotta love it when you get people on the phone trying to say it. Most just laugh and say they aren't trying.

What are the Cubs gonna do in 2 years?

Lose some more :D

It's where I sit.

One of the joys in my life is having my wife's folks come up here from Georgia and try to pronounce Oconomowoc,Weuaywega, Waupaca, Kinnikinnic and our many other fine place names. No wonder we didn't have any trouble with F-A-V-R-E being pronounced "Farve."

--

As for the logo, what the Packers should be marking is the 50th season in Lambeau Field. One hopes they'll do a 50th anniversary next year.

(And is Samkon Gado still around? That's one of the coolest names I've heard this side of Osi Umenyiora and Tamba Hali...)

It's only a short trip to Formula 1 racing and the coolest name of all-time: Narain Karthikeyan. Plus, Ivana Mandic is entertaining in a wholly different way.

As for the logo (and no, this isn't just a token substantial response), it probably would have looked better if they changed the Super Bowl logo into their colors rather than using that completely un-Green Bay scheme for everything.

As for the logo (and no, this isn't just a token substantial response), it probably would have looked better if they changed the Super Bowl logo into their colors rather than using that completely un-Green Bay scheme for everything. You've also got an off-blue green and the blue border around 10, and where that comes from I dunno.

The only problem is you have three colors - the yellow is fine (if not exactly Packer Gold) and the Purple could be green...but you als have an off-green in there as well.

Looks very New Orleanian to me.

...Yeah, ugly. Sounds like a match to me. ;)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

That is a team that should have won more than one super bowl. Speaking as a Vikings fan that makes me happy. But that team truly underachieved.

You're right about that, especially considering how much the media gets its panties wet over Brett Favre all the time. Even when he throws 5 INTs in a game, morons like John Madden will crow "That Brett Favre is such a competitor, he's just trying to make things happen." Meanwhile, when someone like McNab throws 3 INTs, Madden and his ilk say they're a detriment to their team.

But I digress... ^_^ The simple fact is: why would a team want to commemorate a game from 10 years ago? Isn't that really just a painful reminder that they haven't won anything since??

The Steelers never wore a "1972 Immaculate Reception" patch, for God's sake!

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Packers ticket holders will enjoy the logo on their tickets as well as exciting pictures from the Super Bowl.

I can't imagine they'd enjoy that logo very much.

also

I guess it's the Jets' turn to trot out a patch for winning SB III...reminding everyone that they haven't won JACK in 37 years.

they did celebrate the 25th anniversery of that a while back... but i guess its about time to remind everyone how long its been

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived