Tennessee Tech to get new look

jefrsn

You have to work with what you have. The school is not going to change it's colors and outside of LSU and ECU I can't think of another team that utilizes Purple and Gold. It's a unique color combo.

You can't always correlate the school colors with the colors of the real life mascot.

For example Auburn always shows it's tigers with Orange skin and Navy Blue stripes to tie into the school colors and LSU always uses a Gold tiger with Purple stripes. I don't know of any yellow tigers or tigers with Navy Blue stripes.

These are graphic representations and not real life drawings.

As for the actual Golden Eagle it's more brown/bronze then "gold"

Golden%20Eagle%20b.jpg

And for the TTU logo it's a definate upgrade when you originally only had this:

col_tntech.gif

and they are still going to be using this primarily:

tenntech.gif

They were just looking for an "official" representation of the Golden Eagle.

My crit is not wholly aimed at Rickabaugh. He HAD to work with what he was given. But please don't presume the school couldn't change their colors. Why couldn't they?

And as for correlating team colors to actual real world object colors. I believe I did state that, like you, I don't believe that to always be important.

But your examples confuse me.

Blue and orange is pretty darned close to the stereo typical tiger colors of black and orange.

There are no purple and gold tigers to be sure. But I don't find purple and gold to be unique at all. It's everywhere at the high school and small college level.

My point was that you shouldn't pick an animal with a COLOR specific name and then not use anywhere near those colors.

But color is not all that's wrong with this mark. The head looks goofy, the beak is too long and it's just not drawn all that well either.

The font is Serpentine or a similar derivation of it. I don't see this as much if any upgrade over what they used to use for the school.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived