Seattle Totems redux

Discrim

a while back, during the 04/05 winter I posted a Seattle Totems set that I (and others) thought was pretty damn good at the time. Recently I went through my archives and dusted it off, only to now say "damn this blows."

the evidence: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=17013

while the idea was good, the execution looks like crap to me a year and a half later. to add insult to injury, the wordmark was complete crap. as some would say, major suckage. about the only thing I still see as brilliant was the choice of colors.

over a year later, I decided to restart by tearing down the original and rebuilding from good pieces. along the way, I decided to make a wordmark that didn't suck. heck, I even made a custom number font. This is the result...I am very proud to present to you, the members of the CCSLC, with my Seattle Totems

TotemsLogos.png

home jersey

Totemsdark.png

away jersey

Totemswhite.png

the redone totem bird has the same crossing sticks and three pucks symbols on its bottom two sections, but just under the head section, the T that was there before is replaced by the Seattle Metropolitans' old barberpole pattern. the beak now has a visible undersection, and the wings are now straight instead of curved inwards (my explanation for the curved wings of the previous version: an attempt at the illusion of the pole being alive). the secondary "modernized English T" has also been modified, and is not only part of the "Totems" wordmark, but also is featured in one version of the SEATTLE wordmark.

More concept jerseys are to come, including alts, barberpoles and one-off jerseys

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i really really really like the sleeve idea. by putting something in each box, it gives it a very totemy look.

great work there.

my only complaint is the colors... too many, and red/green look like trash together.

Awesome, and as a painter you make clean and detailed work. If only a few around here could model themselves off of your cleanliness in paint (i'm lookin at u patsox). You did a great job, you managed to put a northwestern and native feel into it, yet also let some hockey shine through. Keep it up bro. My only small, small gripe, is to maybe consider different colors. I know you chose a variety of brights and vibrants like actual totem poles, but i could really see a better concept with fewer colors, and perhaps more woodsy colors incorporated. Nice though.

I think this is one of your best. I like the shoulders, the main logo is great, the numbers seem to fit. The only gripe I have is red as the primary color. That bright fire-engine red kind of clashes with the traditional Seattle blues and greens. It's not really a color you picture when you think of the Pacific Northwest. Maybe red could be an accent color, or try subbing it out for purple, grey, tan, or something?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like it, its great that you have the red in the head and the red and green stripes on the body. My only complaint is in my opinion the home jersey has too much bright colour. Good job

Well, the three stripes represent the old Metropolitan sweaters, I think the three pucks represents the three cups they won?, and the crossed sticks represent hockey.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I agree with ColeDMD - I think you have too many colors... I think you should take out the green and replace it with white, I dont think red blue and green go good ever.

Also I think the Home jersey is too bright, maybe pick a darker red or switch it to blue.

Lebanon Warrior Football

LebanonWarriors3.jpg

Well, the three stripes represent the old Metropolitan sweaters, I think the three pucks represents the three cups they won?, and the crossed sticks represent hockey.

as the Mets only won one (they did make three appearances), the three pucks were actually intended to represent scoring a hat trick. Folks would probably make the Cup appearance connection faster, though.

funny thing, I decided to make red the main color as another nod to the Mets (and also a nod to the Totems' predecessors, the Americans)

2016cubscreamsig.png

Dude, Don't take this the wrong way, but ...How the hell do you get all your concepts looking like you used a Crayola Crayon?

Your concepts are good, they just look childish and not polished like most of the other concepts on this site.

Example when you did the NFL jerseys they were great. Then someone redid them and the jerseys your came up with were 100 times better IMO.

Another great concept, but ......

I do the best I can with what I got...I'm sorry I don't ape AAO's (or enter designer's name here) style for your convenience <_<

on second thought, I'm not sorry. I probably would do it like this even if I had a vector program. besides, having Illustrator or whatnot does NOT make one a good designer (they know who they are). It's my style, and I honestly don't think I could bring it any other way.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Maybe it's just me, but I think this set is BE-YOO-TEE-FUL.

Aside from the red being maybe a tad too bright I think this is a great concept for a Seattle team. For lack of a better word it envokes a "totem-y" feeling.

Can't wait to see the rest of the set.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

now the parade of third jerseys begins...

chalkstripes

Totems3.png

heh, I'm gonna redo this tomorrow, green numbers would be more legible than white.

barberpole, Totems colors

Totems4.png

don't worry, I have a second barberpole in tow, but my program acted up before I could number it. anyways, I got this as the custom Totem barberpole.

2016cubscreamsig.png

and now some more alts...first, the Mets-colored barberpoles, a la the Ottawa 67's poles

Totems5.png

then here's a jersey that would be worn for an annual Joe Hall Memorial Series (all home games between March 19 and April 1), a nod to that canceled Cup's opponent.

Totems6.png

finally, here's one modeled after the Thunderbirds' early jerseys...themselves the template of some guys who had a whale tail or something :D

Totems7.png

EDIT: I just realized I forgot to give this one sleeve numbers

I have a couple more in the works to end it, thing is I haven't started on em yet :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived