Buffalo Sabres slightly modernised.

letterform

credit to John Slabyk

From what I gather most Sabres fans want a return to their old digs with a slightly modern update. It's a generic concept but it gets the message across IMO. No need for C&C as it's not my logo. (no need to spend weeks working on something that would never be used due legalities, I'm not that talented either)

Let's assume you are a Sabres fan for a moment. Would you prefer this to the slug and or their current digs?

sabershm1.png

sabersrd.png

DEATH TO REEBOK

credit to John Slabyk

From what I gather most Sabres fans want a return to their old digs with a slightly modern update. It's a generic concept but it gets the message across IMO. No need for C&C as it's not my logo. (no need to spend weeks working on something that would never be used due legalities, I'm not that talented either)

Let's assume you are a Sabres fan for a moment. Would you prefer this to the slug and or their current digs?

sabershm1.png

sabersrd.png

i really never like the old blue saber jersey so i'm not that crazy about you're blue jersey. I always like the white one though and i love yours. I updated you're concept and made it into what i want to see for their blue jersey. Hope you don't mind.

saberconcept456.png

i really never like the old blue saber jersey so i'm not that crazy about you're blue jersey. I always like the white one though and i love yours. I updated you're concept and made it into what i want to see for their blue jersey. Hope you don't mind.

saberconcept456.png

I think that looks better - no offense to letterform, but his design had no white and looked funky without it, I also wasnt the same design as the away jersey so that fixed but 'problems' I had with it... All in all they all look great (all 3 times in a sentence :D ).

Lebanon Warrior Football

LebanonWarriors3.jpg

Those are really nice. But since there is outlines on the logo, the numbers should match with it. Mabye like a white outline around the numbers, and "gold" around the blue numbers. Other than that, thats what the Sabres need to go back on.

4kv29i.jpg

I'm all for the original design posted in this thread. Blue and gold work perfectly well without the need for white. Just ask the Swedes, whose look was timeless before they capitualted to the Swift sweater monster. Blue and gold provide plenty of striking contrast, and make a good mix of warm/cool and light/dark by themselves.

This is close to what I was hoping the Sabres would be using (I'm still hoping they come to their senses one day and make the sabres the predominant part of the logo, instead of the hackneyed buffalo). Nicely done.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I'm all for the original design posted in this thread. Blue and gold work perfectly well without the need for white. Just ask the Swedes, whose look was timeless before they capitualted to the Swift sweater monster. Blue and gold provide plenty of striking contrast, and make a good mix of warm/cool and light/dark by themselves.

This is close to what I was hoping the Sabres would be using (I'm still hoping they come to their senses one day and make the sabres the predominant part of the logo, instead of the hackneyed buffalo). Nicely done.

Agreed. IIRC the Sabres' original blue jerseys had little to no white at all.

saberconcept456.png

I think that looks better - no offense to letterform, but his design had no white and looked funky without it, I also wasnt the same design as the away jersey so that fixed but 'problems' I had with it... All in all they all look great (all 3 times in a sentence :D ).

I like this jersey only with a different version on the logo.

The one I'm talkin about is the one that has the circle and crossed swords but the buffalo is charging head on.

Thanx for all the compliments and commentary.

No offense Ziggy, but your sweater doesn't say Buffalo to me. Adding white and having a yellow shoulder changes everything. It would work for another team but not the Sabres IMO.

I didn't want mine to stray too much from the original. The only difference is instead of the Chicago Blackhawks striping I used the Phoenix Coyotes pattern - which looks way better IMO. The Chicago BlackHawks striping on the original home never did it for me. The three yellow stripes looked liked they belonged on a Russian jersey or something. they seemed unnecessary. I never found the dark uniform attractive. That's why I went with the Coyotes pattern. It's close to the original but looks way better. The width of the stripes are pretty close the golden ratio which is probably why that stripe pattern can be found everywhere in sports.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Archived