Sign in to follow this  
IronChefShark

Iron crossover is back!

And in this corna a new challenger... the one time champ of the DM jersey design contest.... ME!

Here goes my first Iron crossover

just another throphy for the case

www.thadsjerseys.freewebsitehosing.com/ThrashersXOver.html

Fukui: Alright, ladies and gentlemen. Entering the arena with his second ever crossover for your viewing pleasure is the one and only UMLegend.

*crowd erupts*

UM: Well, after my Raiders hockey set didn't go over as well as planned, I thought of giving up.

*crowd boos loudly*

UM: But, I knew that quitting wasn't in me. So, here I am with my 2nd entry!

*crowd gives standing ovation*

UM: May I now present a crossover creation that uses a logo edit, an original uni design, and every one of the team colors. The helmet is different, but it had to be different. I had it done before I saw Shiz's but it is somewhat similar to his. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present Atlanta Thrashers Hockey!!!

UMLegend Crossover

*crowd ooos, ahhhs, and erupts in approval. A few ladies event faint* :cool:

Well, with a silent crowd  ???  thad is worrying about is position in Iron Crossover history.

Fukui: Alright, ladies and gentlemen. Entering the arena with his second ever crossover for your viewing pleasure is the one and only UMLegend.

*crowd erupts*

UM: Well, after my Raiders hockey set didn't go over as well as planned, I thought of giving up.

*crowd boos loudly*

UM: But, I knew that quitting wasn't in me. So, here I am with my 2nd entry!

*crowd gives standing ovation*

UM: May I now present a crossover creation that uses a logo edit, an original uni design, and every one of the team colors. The helmet is different, but it had to be different. I had it done before I saw Shiz's but it is somewhat similar to his. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present Atlanta Thrashers Hockey!!!

UMLegend Crossover

*crowd ooos, ahhhs, and erupts in approval. A few ladies event faint* :cool:

Vicfurth stands & applauds.

Dunno about the helmet

I guess I was just really trying for something other than the norm, but not going so off track to the point where it was never done before.

And that's why your on pace to get my vote. You went with the obvious striping, but realized that had been done. So, you did more. You edited the logo. You went with a different look at the helmet, but it was inspired by a real helmet with a similar theme. Then, you added certain football elements that seperate it like the side stripes and the pants. The numbers would be better if they were real, but it looks like that's the closest you had, so I count them as the same.

To me, all those things make a great crossover. First and foremost it has to be based on the current design very strongly. It needs to look good though. To do that you have to look at whats common in the sport it's getting crossover with, and blend the two looks.

My vote at this point goes to Shiz, with a few others close behind.

I wonder if I'll break the record & have someone vote for me besides me :;): .

I was wondering how I could get you my X-Overs to put on your "Iron Corssover" site?

*Now entering Crossover Stadium....Puckguy!*

Fukui: This guy has always had some strong showings. Believe it or not Drew, only 1 X-over title though.

Drew: Yeah, he is a great Sharks fan. Nice guy. But let's look at his jerseys. Holy mackrel! Helmet is simple, trying to show ala the Ravens, Seahawks, and Jaguars of the insignia on the helmet is almost like the head of the player. Ok stop it right there. Look at the road and home jerseys. He keeps elements of the hockey jersey, but plays around it a bit.

Fukui: Great idea to use the Falcons template as the alternate.

Drew: I'm assuming he used that since the Thrashers third jersey hasn't been unveiled. None the less that is a great alternate too! If I could, that jersey would be a Drew's Guy jersey.

Fukui: Oh but wait something's up with Puckguy's submission... read further.

I really like that helmet idea, paynomind

paynomind, with a shy smile, slowly ducks under the ropes, and steps back into the ring...

He bows, salutes the crowd, and during the applause, points at each of the individuals who complimented his work.

Then, he speaks...

"Thank you guys, I love logos, love sports, and really enjoy reading this board, and am glad to contribute. It is you guys who make this fun and entertaining. Hope to be able to participate the next time, as well. Much love."

To a renewed round of cheers, paynomind bows, and exits the ring.

Thank you folks, and vote paynomind!

Puckguy re-enters stadium.  To cheers and boos.  

Puckguy: Everyone in X-over Stadium calm down!  First off I have removed my original submission, because of similarities with other concepts.  However, my original idea is still in use for the alternate.  So now you may log onto http://members.aol.com/Puckguy14/X-over.gif

Fukui: A suprise here.  Using Atlanta's new football uniforms along with the Thrashers striping, this might be better.

Drew Remenda:  Holy mackrel again!  Different yet nice.  I like how the shield is now in a football shape!  And how it is similar to the helmet design.  Absolutely sweet!

Puckguy re-enters stadium. To cheers and boos.

Puckguy: Everyone in X-over Stadium calm down! First off I have removed my original submission, because of similarities with other concepts. However, my original idea is still in use for the alternate. So now you may log onto http://members.aol.com/Puckguy14/X-over.gif

Fukui: A suprise here. Using Atlanta's new football uniforms along with the Thrashers striping, this might be better.

Drew Remenda: Holy mackrel again! Different yet nice. I like how the shield is now in a football shape! And how it is similar to the helmet design. Absolutely sweet!

Ah, but he eternal strruggle continues. Would you use the light or dark pants on the alternate???  :D  :D

that idea for the helmet is awesome!

A Tiger and a Jayhawk are in agreeance on something (other than a hatred for K State).

The apocalypse is nigh.

Great helmet concept Paynomind.