Another Sabres Concept

pd18

Well... another day... another Sabres concept. For this one, I give credit to John Slabyk for what in my opinion, is the best Sabres logo design that I've seen yet. I've made some minor tweaks to the logo, and have come up with a new set of unis that I feel best merge the traditions of the old (which we all love), and a new, modern feel that is clean, yet stylish. C & C, as always...

http://img419.imageshack.us/my.php?image=n...concept27ik.gif

I'll try to be a BIT more helpful than the first guy.

I think it's pretty solid overall. I might make the B gold on the thirds. Might even make it a lace up, but that's just the fan in me wanting a lace up Sabres jersey.

The others are a bit uninspired (I should talk... like I'VE ever actually made a concept, lol) but I like the logo... much like I like all of js' concepts for the most part. Looks like for the most part it's new logo/old jersey with minor tweaks. But there's no reason not to like that. Like I said, it's solid overall, and at this point I'd be jumping for joy over them compared to the buffaslug.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

that is some good C & C, unlike some other people around here. I do like the idea of the B in gold for thr third. As far as the lace-up goes, the third is a lace-up, but I may make the others lace-ups as well. I'm a big fan of the classic Sabres unis, so I really wanted to incorparate as much of that look as possible, however, I may rethink that and do some more explorations that move toward a more radical, modern approach.

http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=n...concept33va.gif

Ewwww...

:P

Naw, I'm kidding. I actually really like what you've done in the first set. My only suggestion would be to color in the shoulder yoke on the white sweaters, because there's almost too much white - with the exception of some striping around the arm and at the bottom hem. Blue shoulders would look nice.

On your second concept, I'm not quite there. The blue primary sweater has too much white on it. The Sabres' old uniforms blended blue and gold to near perfection, much like the old Swedish national team sweaters. You really don't need much white in this concept, but the white sleeves compete too much with the gold in the concept. The gold can stand alone as the light color and be the contrasting color to the royal blue. The buffalo was white in accordance with superstition, and was all the white the team needed.

I always hoped that the Sabres would make the "B-sword" the primary when they ditched the goat-head. If it could be reworked slightly, it would make a great sweater crest to serve as primary. Going to gold was a big improvement.

Nice work.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Well if you want it broken down.

The 3rd jersey looks like the St. Louis Blues.

The 2nd jersey looks like some international team jersey. White on white works for the mob, not hockey.

The 1st one is OK, I still don't like the blue on blue.

I really like the first set, but I agree you need to make the white jersey's shoulder yokes blue, and I would reccomend either thicker stripes on the sleeves or spacing them out a bit more... they sort of get lost on the jersey. Overall very nice work.

• 2 weeks later...

In the first set the home and the road unis reminded me of the uniform design the Rochester Americans used last season. Fitting I guess, due to the fact they are Buffalo's AHL team. I do like the first concept better than the second concept. :hockeysmiley:

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Well if you want it broken down.

The 3rd jersey looks like the St. Louis Blues.

The 2nd jersey looks like some international team jersey. White on white works for the mob, not hockey.

The 1st one is OK, I still don't like the blue on blue.

I agree with what you say here, well, with what it looks like, except I feel different about 1 & 2:

1- Too much like the old ones, while I liked it, if you go new, go NEW...

2- I think we could use a little Euro inspiration (sparingly) - also reminds me of some NCAA uni.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived