New NCAA Bowl Games for 2006/2007

CowboyKevin

• 3 weeks later...
Chick-Fil-A was mad that people kept calling it the Peach  Bowl and tnot the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl so they upped the money and changed the name. Personally I hope it only lasts a year and the state of Georgia yells stop.

no it wont cause most people who live in geogria cant tell you where to find a real peachtree

While that may or may not be true (I could find them when I was 4), Georgia is the "Peach" State..that's probably the other poster's reasoning.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Can it be assumed with Tostitos purchasing naming rights to the National Championship Game that each host company of the Rose, Sugar, and Orange Bowls will do the same or will one seperate corporation buy the right to the title game?

Chick-Fil-A was mad that people kept calling it the Peach Bowl and tnot the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl so they upped the money and changed the name. Personally I hope it only lasts a year and the state of Georgia yells stop.

Not happening - Chick-Fil-A signed a multi-year deal for the naming rights.

I'm still calling it the Peach Bowl. :P

nav-logo.png

Can it be assumed with Tostitos purchasing naming rights to the National Championship Game that each host company of the Rose, Sugar, and Orange Bowls will do the same or will one seperate corporation buy the right to the title game?

As I undestand it, the games will rotate each year as they did under the old system. So, for instance next year will be the Allstate National Championship Game in New Orleans, etc.

As I undestand it, the games will rotate each year as they did under the old system. So, for instance next year will be the Allstate National Championship Game in New Orleans, etc.

This is incorrect. Tostitos has bought the naming rights to the national championship game for the next ten years. Even though the site of the game may rotate, the title game will still be known as the Tostitos BCS National Championship Game for at least the next decade.

http://www.wsbtv.com/cfoot/9362994/detail.html

• 4 months later...

Allstate was looking to expand its presence in the sports world and to create some goodwill in the New Orleans area. It was able to accomplish both Wednesday with the announcement that the insurance giant is becoming the title sponsor for the Sugar Bowl, replacing Nokia, which had held the rights since 1995. The four-year agreement begins this fall and includes the 2008 BCS national championship game, which will be played in the Superdome a week after the Sugar Bowl.

----From the Times-Picayune (New Orleans' paper)

http://www.nola.com/printer/printer.ssf?/b...97138153500.xml

fade.gif

Archived