Italy Soccer Unis

hawk36

Did I miss it or did Italy never wear their deep v-neck whites during the World Cup?

Also, now that they won, I suppose it will be difficult to get rid of the "sweat stain" look of black under the arm on the blue. My only hope is that they feel they should "retire" or "honor" the jerseys and go to the non sweat stained look now.

They did not wear the whites at all. They probably could have worn them in the final against France, but I'm not sure what the policy was there

I wonder what the logo will look like now they have won 4 titles

This is from the upper right corner of their webpage.

testata_06.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

The only deep v-neck jersey worn was by the goalie during the World Cup. The team wore either all blue or blue with white shorts.

2517879190.jpg

254921382.jpg

The goalie v-neck was deep red or like yesterday gold.

282143908.jpg

They have some white practice jerseys similar to their game uniforms

1299350352.jpg

Italy won a coin toss and so they wore blue for the final. Germany has only worn their red shirts for a friendly match before the Cup. Strangely, the players wore the red tops without numbers when they were sitting on the bench. And they wore the white shirts with Mercededs Benz in place of numbers as their practice jerseys

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Italy won a coin toss and so they wore blue for the final. Germany has only worn their red shirts for a friendly match before the Cup. Strangely, the players wore the red tops without numbers when they were sitting on the bench. And they wore the white shirts with Mercededs Benz in place of numbers as their practice jerseys

can anyone confirm/deny that there a two/four year period where germany wore charcoal gray shirts between the decades that they wore green and the current red change shirts? like from about 2000-2004 or so?

thanks.

tb

I don't understand how the choice gets made. It seemed like Les Bleus never got to wear their 'Bleu' kit and many other teams never got to switch, either. I was shocked the US got to display both of theirs.

It's a bit of a ripoff to fans, who have the jerseys marketed to us and then never get to see them on the pitch.

I don't understand how the choice gets made. It seemed like Les Bleus never got to wear their 'Bleu' kit and many other teams never got to switch, either. I was shocked the US got to display both of theirs.

It's a bit of a ripoff to fans, who have the jerseys marketed to us and then never get to see them on the pitch.

Well the jersey a team wears depends on who the team is playing. If Italy doesn't play a team that clashes with their primary blue colour, then they won't wear the whites. I'm not totally sure on this, but I think the team that's classified as home gets to wear their primary colour in case of a clash.

Normally as long as the shirts don't clash both teams can wear their homes. But for the Wolrd Cup it seemed that FIFA mandated that one team had to wear white. France played Spain and wore all white, Czech Republic wore all white vs USA, and there are others like that as well. But seeing as Italy was the higher seed they should get the option as to what kit to wear.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Did I miss it or did Italy never wear their deep v-neck whites during the World Cup?

Also, now that they won, I suppose it will be difficult to get rid of the "sweat stain" look of black under the arm on the blue. My only hope is that they feel they should "retire" or "honor" the jerseys and go to the non sweat stained look now.

They'll probably wear a modified version of it, with another star added to the logo. Teams (typically) wear their kits for 2 years before getting a new one for a major tournament. Puma lists this year's Italy gear as the "06-07 range". They almost certainly get a wholesale makeover until Euro 2008.

I saw the Italy shirt prior to the WC. Did not like the feel of the material. It wasn't as good as other stuff they've worn in the past.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I think of their current sets the white is much sharper. France did wear blue versus Switzerland and Togo. Since Spain was the #1 seed versus France as a #2 in the round of 16, Spain had the choice. Against Portugal, both of Portugal's jerseys are dark (don't know how they got away with that) so France had to wear white again and against Italy, as said, France lost the coin toss.

i never get y italy wears blue in sports, there flag is red, white and green, so some  R-E-S-P-E-C-T to your counrty's colors for once will ya???

Flags and jersey colors again? The answer probably lies somewhere in here. For how often this has been brought up (every world cup related tread), maybe we need a sticky. I'm sure it will come up in another 4 years.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

i never get y italy wears blue in sports, there flag is red, white and green, so some  R-E-S-P-E-C-T to your counrty's colors for once will ya???

Flags and jersey colors again? The answer probably lies somewhere in here. For how often this has been brought up (every world cup related tread), maybe we need a sticky. I'm sure it will come up in another 4 years.

Ya, this has been brought up and answered like a thousand times.

i never get y italy wears blue in sports, there flag is red, white and green, so some R-E-S-P-E-C-T to your counrty's colors for once will ya???

I know this has been adressed three times so far in this thread alone, and thousands more times in other threads, but apparently you still don't get it.

Blue was the colour of the house of Savoy, the royal family that united Italy. Hence Italian national teams always wear blue.

Flags and jersey colors again?  The answer probably lies somewhere in here.  For how often this has been brought up (every world cup related tread), maybe we need a sticky.  I'm sure it will come up in another 4 years.

The answer's actually in this thread, and first mentioned in this post (Hat tip to yours truly ;))

(Fixed bad formatting, blech.)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

can anyone confirm/deny that there a two/four year period where germany wore charcoal gray shirts between the decades that they wore green and the current red change shirts? like from about 2000-2004 or so?

thanks.

tb

Germany was using green away kit for decades. as far as I remeber it was becasue of the Ireland, which was the first team to visit Germany after WWII. Few years ago they switched to the black ones but it wasn't use extensively. Before last years Confed Cup (or maybe even a little bit earlier) they switched to red which was a controversial issue in Germany. What is more at the Beginning Klinsi wanted to make red kit a primary one but after they lost 1:4 to Italy, he stopped insisting.

Germany wore charcoal black kits prior to Japan/Korea 2002 but I think they switched to black until the recent kit change. I don't think Germany wore the charcoal jerseys at all during Japan/korea though, just qualifiers

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived