SEC Helmets and alts

axl007

Axl,

I like these a lot....They look very sharp....I do prefer more of a 3/4 view of the helmet showing more of the side...It still shows the striping patterns while displaying more of the logo on the side....I'm not going to complain about what you did, because they are beautiful....I'm just saying what I would prefer if these ever make it to template formats...

GREAT Job!!!

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

carolina once wore that helmet and most Carolina fans really like this helmet and would like to see a garnet helmet again

9.jpg

ALERT! Steve Taneyhill reference!

BTW, that garnet Carolina helmet (both in the picture above and in Axl's amazing renderings) is a thing of beauty. I hope they go back to it someday.

yep i'm all sick of the white, and black sc helmets, its time to go back to the main color of the school

You fail horribly at UGA helmets,but I can't really blame you because what they have now is perfect.

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

You fail horribly at UGA helmets,but I can't really blame you because what they have now is perfect.

How do you figure that they fail horribly? The red one Axl did is exactly like what they have now....and the other two are pretty sharp as well...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

How do you figure that they fail horribly? The red one Axl did is exactly like what they have now....and the other two are pretty sharp as well...

Mike

Yes I know that they wear the red helmet seeing as I watch every game they play.The black helmet is terrible.It makes it seem that Georgia's colors are black and white with red trim.Maybe if he had put the red G on the helmet it would be better.The red stripe down the helmet is horrible as it barely shows up.Plus the black helmet has a black facemask.So what we have here is a black helmet +black logo with white around it+red stripe and black facemask=terrible.I hope I answered your question Mike.Have a nice day.

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

Mike

Yes I know that they wear the red helmet seeing as I watch every game they play.The black helmet is terrible.It makes it seem that Georgia's colors are black and white with red trim.Maybe if he had put the red G on the helmet it would be better.The red stripe down the helmet is horrible as it barely shows up.Plus the black helmet has a black facemask.So what we have here is a black helmet +black logo with white around it+red stripe and black facemask=terrible.I hope I answered your question Mike.Have a nice day.

I won't get into a pissing contest with you or anyone here....It's all a matter of personal taste and I like what he did with the black UGA helmet...I can also see the red stripe fine on my monitor...

Maybe if you said something like "I'd prefer the black helmet to have a red or white "G" surrounded by the opposite color", then that too me sounds better than "You failed horribly"....The black and the white UGA are concepts for cryin' out loud...Don't go off the handle, because you don't like them....If you don't like them, say so in a respectful manner and then say why or what you would have done different....

End of story...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Hey all!

When I did this concept I thought nobody would really care, I just wanted to make more colors for the helmet collection and this was fun. I'm not saying that the schools should use these helmets (I like the Georgia black, but I wouldn't use it). I did put a red oval with a white "g" but it didn't show up so I changed it. You should see what I did to Nebraska's helmet. And FSU's helmet, the gold and white spear on garnet just didn't show up on my monitor, but they're all different. If I was doing real alternates I would probably use some secondary logos. The cool thing about this concept is seeing how loyal some people are and how much they hate some of the helmets, hate away you won't hurt my feelings. That's what makes the world go 'round. So get ready to see which conference I kill next. :P

Oh, and thanks Mike for having my back!

CLHEL2.png

Axl,

Not a problem bro....

I truly enjoy what you are doing with these....Sure, there may be some of these helmets that look better than others, but that's not a degradation of the work you've put into them....In their own way, they all are great looking....Maybe it's because it's something new and somewhat different than what we're used to...

I look forward to seeing what you come up with each post you make...You have talent and it shows in the work you display here....It's just awesome....

Keep up the GREAT work...Can't wait to see the next set...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Mike

I won't get into a pissing contest with you or anyone here....It's all a matter of personal taste and I like what he did with the black UGA helmet...I can also see the red stripe fine on my monitor...

Maybe if you said something like "I'd prefer the black helmet to have a red or white "G" surrounded by the opposite color", then that too me sounds better than "You failed horribly"....The black and the white UGA are concepts for cryin' out loud...Don't go off the handle, because you don't like them....If you don't like them, say so in a respectful manner and then say why or what you would have done different....

End of story...

Mike

I said he failed horribly but I can't blame him because what they have now is perfect for them.Yeah it may be personal taste but what they have now is classic and I know axl doesn't mean for his concepts to be better then the original.I never bashed or put down axl's talents in fact a lot of the helmets he has done are better than what the team has now.I said that I didn't like them in a respectful manner and I never "got off the handle" as you say.Don't try to make me look like I'm bashing axl's concepts.Don't try to make me look like the bad guy.You seem like the kind of guy that won't go arguing like this and that's cool so I don't expect you to reply to this.

BTW Axl I think you are very talented and I never tried to bash you.I never hated on your helmets either.

BRM PTX....

I'm sorry if I took your comments the wrong way....I'm not one to argue and won't do it here....Let's move on and enjoy the rest of the show...

Mike

Yes I agree.

• 9 months later...

Sorry to revive this thread from the dark ages, but axl007 I noticed you use a poor version of the gamecock logo that is floating around on a lot of vector sites. If you'd like, I can send you the perfect version of it.

Also, would it be possible to make the "C" white on the garnet helmet and e-mail those three to me? I would really appreciate it, call it a fair trade?

Axl, if you make a helmet that has the gradients in grays, a gradient in any color can be done on the fly. You just have to make a layer over the helmet shell, fill in the color, and set the opacity so that the gradient shows through. I figured out how to do that when I was messing around with ghost flames on a helmet.

Helmet without Kandy layer

Helmet with Kandy layer

cttdolphins2.png

Archived