Wings In Stripes

ESPN Jersey Article

Nice reference to the Yankees jerseys with names on the back, like "No. 41 JOHNSON." Oh wait, nevermind...

i dissagree with his view on the "TURTLE" look.

it nice to finally have some diversity in sports gear.

Nice reference to the Yankees jerseys with names on the back, like "No. 41 JOHNSON." Oh wait, nevermind...

I've been to a few games at Yankee stadium, and most of the jerseys that fans wear in the stands actually do have names on the back. It always amused me that fans would rather have a jersey that isn't authentic.

I've been to a few games at Yankee stadium, and most of the jerseys that fans wear in the stands actually do have names on the back. It always amused me that fans would rather have a jersey that isn't authentic.

That never makes any sense to me either. Couldn't you order the jersey with the number and NO name? I always was of the impression that those were the "replica" jersies, and the on-field collection ones would come with no name, but now I'm not so sure. The only time I ever actually bought an authentic Yankees jersey (as a gift for a friend) I got it blank (so it wouldn't ever become outdated.)

Do you think that when someone goes in and buys a No. 2 JETER jersey, they FORGET that Jeter doesn't wear his name on his back?

Haha I know exactly what you mean. Not only at the stadium, I have some friends of mine who claim to be "Yankee fans," yet can't spend the time to customize jerseys without the name on the back. Even if they can't afford authentic, it is possible to get replicas without the name. I find it hard to believe that they are such dedicated fans yet can't respect the tradition. I myself would never wear a Yankee jersey with the name on the back.

Haha I know exactly what you mean. Not only at the stadium, I have some friends of mine who claim to be "Yankee fans," yet can't spend the time to customize jerseys without the name on the back. Even if they can't afford authentic, it is possible to get replicas without the name. I find it hard to believe that they are such dedicated fans yet can't respect the tradition. I myself would never wear a Yankee jersey with the name on the back.

i dont think that a person that buys a Yankees jeresy is less of a fan than someone that bought one with the name on the back. some people dont want to wait weeks on end just for a customized jeresy.

I agree with him about the turtle look. Personally, I think it looks stupid. I also agree with him about the cap with every team's logo on it. I've seen people at my school wearing them and they look like such tools. He's right about the number 69 too. Whenever I see a guy on the other team during my hockey game wearing that number, I wanna hit him that much harder, however I haven't seen anyone during my baseball games wearing 69.

Yankee fans aren't real fans cause they don't have an authentic jersey? Pff...

The jerseys with the names are the ones I see sold most here, as well as the ones shown at most stores.

If you go to shop.mlb.com to get a customized Yankees jersey, when you order an authentic jersey, it comes with number only, even if you enter in a name. If you order a replica jersey, it always comes with a name, even if you select from the player roster. It won't let you order a replica without a name.

I also agree with him about the cap with every team's logo on it. I've seen people at my school wearing them and they look like such tools.

If a 59Fifty costs $25.00,why not buy one with all the logos on it for $39.99?

30x$25=$750

$750-$40=$710

If you buy one of them,you save $710.00.They may be tools to you, but to me,

they're pretty smart.(I ordered a Coopertown Collection All-Over,so I'm helping myself.)

I also agree with him about the cap with every team's logo on it. I've seen people at my school wearing them and they look like such tools.

30x$25=$750

$750-$40=$710

they're pretty smart.(I ordered a Coopertown Collection All-Over,so I'm helping myself.)

umm thats like prices from 5 years ago.

now

authentics are 30

all overs 45

30x$25=$750

$750-$40=$710

now

authentics are 30

all overs 45

Not on MLB.com,where I look.

30x$25=$750

$750-$40=$710

now

authentics are 30

all overs 45

got to add in tax and shipping in that equation.

30x$25=$750

$750-$40=$710

now

authentics are 30

all overs 45

got to add in tax and shipping in that equation.

I understand shipping, but there's no internet sales tax.

EDIT:You're still saving $710.

I understand shipping, but there's no internet sales tax.

EDIT:You're still saving $710.

actually in many cases there is.

Active Guys Who've Left jerseys: These are inexcusable, yet you still see Red Sox No. 5 GARCIAPARRA, Braves No. 31 MADDUX and Mariners No. 24 GRIFFEY on fans who can't let go, a la Mike Peters from "Swingers." Yes, they were popular. Yes, it was fine to wear them at one time. And yes, paying $120 for a jersey of your favorite player, only to see him get traded or signed away is a bona fide kick in the stomach. But until they've retired and the jerseys achieve full retro status, one shouldn't dress like he's got numbers of married ex-girlfriends still saved on his cell phone.

So true!! *hides NYG Kerry Collins jersey*

Active Guys Who've Left jerseys: These are inexcusable, yet you still see Red Sox No. 5 GARCIAPARRA, Braves No. 31 MADDUX and Mariners No. 24 GRIFFEY on fans who can't let go, a la Mike Peters from "Swingers." Yes, they were popular. Yes, it was fine to wear them at one time. And yes, paying $120 for a jersey of your favorite player, only to see him get traded or signed away is a bona fide kick in the stomach. But until they've retired and the jerseys achieve full retro status, one shouldn't dress like he's got numbers of married ex-girlfriends still saved on his cell phone.

So true!! *hides NYG Kerry Collins jersey*

thats why i refuse to buy NFL/NHL/MLB current player jeresys any more. there arent any team loyalties(ie..Jonny Damon) now adays. i remember years back, i had said the only NFL players uni i would get would be Junior Seau because he would never leave the Chargers" then that summer he left for MIA. if i am gonna buy a jeresy its either going to be a throwback, blank or customized with my last name on the back of it. its a great thing that the NCAA doesnt put names on the back because the following year some other kid will be using that same number.

I agree with him about the turtle look. Personally, I think it looks stupid. I also agree with him about the cap with every team's logo on it. I've seen people at my school wearing them and they look like such tools. He's right about the number 69 too. Whenever I see a guy on the other team during my hockey game wearing that number, I wanna hit him that much harder, however I haven't seen anyone during my baseball games wearing 69.

Agreed on the 69 angle. Go to Minnesota/St. Cloud State hockey game and you'll see every SCSU fan with a jersey get one with 69 on the back. Like they're the clever ones who just discovered that.

bill.ted.jpg

"69, Dude!"

Go to Minnesota/St. Cloud State hockey game and you'll see every SCSU fan with a jersey get one with 69 on the back.  Like they're the clever ones who just discovered that.

OT, but in my minds eye, I can picture the Minnesota fans who traveled out to St. Cloud taunting the Husky faithful:

"Go-pher Re-jects!" Clap! Clap! Clap-clap-clap!