Microsoft New MP3 Player-Zune

ashbob

Apple Fanaticism...

Wow. Someone needs to get some fresh air.

why?

because someone is loyal to the products he chooses to spend his hard earned money on?

maybe we mac users/apple fans should just go with the flow of the masses and buy operating systems that are full of bugs and security holes.

Uhoh, the gloves are off, lol.

Some good points brought up here.

1) People are suckers for buying iPods. Theyre are plenty of cheaper alternatives out there.

2) iTunes is the greatest app ever! For years I suffered with MusicMatch and WinAmp.

3) Microsoft is a copy-cat

4) Macs are still cool, but I own PCs because they are half the price.

Maybe I am blind but I read and re-read my posts and I never wrote Apple Fanaticism....

If you are commenting that I am an Apple Fanatic and need to get a life I have 1 question for you.

Why is it when someone has a big loyalty to a product, team, band or whatever.... and someone else doesn't relate, you are labeled a fanatic or lunatic or geek or whatever.... but if it something you personally feel the same way about then that other person is looked upon as obviously smart, devoted, passionate and normal?

Whether you like Apple and it's products or not all you have to do is watch what happens the next time Apple unveils another industry first or instant pop-culture-iconic product and see what the rest of the world does with their products.

Anyone see the screeshots of the new Windows Vista? Can you say Aqua and OSX Tiger rip-off?

Apple has widgets....well WE GOTS GADGETS! And I know apple didn't invent the widget but did windows have Gadgets before Apple had Widgets? Nope!

Mistake, Joel.

No one has tried to tie any of this conversation to operating systems. No one has said you should change your computer in this thread.

This thread is about the Microsoft MP3 player, and more recently about whether folks would/should blindly follow apple wherever they go.

I think just buying apple, or just iPod is as big or bigger mistake than just buying apple would be.

Buy the best product. Thats the only way to assure improvements in every company's products.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Apple Fanaticism...

Wow. Someone needs to get some fresh air.

why?

because someone is loyal to the products he chooses to spend his hard earned money on?

maybe we mac users/apple fans should just go with the flow of the masses and buy operating systems that are full of bugs and security holes.

You wanna fight me Fiasco? Sorry, I don't argue over Mac Vs. Microsoft.

And to Mr. Mac freak, calm yourself. I was only remarking that you need to realize there is more than "Micro$$$$$$$oft" and "wonderful, versatile, trend-setting" Mac.

Edited to denote sarcasm.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

i wasn't asking for a fight. i was merely asking why you deemed it necessary for someone to "get some fresh air" because of his "apple fanaticism". i don't bemoan your choice in companies you choose to support, and i expect the same in return.

Oh Oh Oh Oh... I have suddenly seen the error of my ways. By golly you're right! There IS more to life. Like trees......and birds... oh wait, look at that! PEOPLE! Never saw them there before.....holy hell.... and OH MY GOD! WHAT IS THAT BRIGHT, YELLOW, HOT, SPHERE IN THE SKY?.... are the gods angry at me for liking the Apple? I SWEAR I didn't take a bite....

Blah,blah, blah.... B) <==== emoticon to signify MY sarcasm... in case you can't smell it.

Look you two, I'm not bashing Macintosh, I'm just saying that whatcha-ma-jigger over there posting a damn essay about how amazing Mac is and how it's a billion times better than everything else is kind of scary to me. That's devotion to a corporate entity, and it's really creeping me out.

To him, Apple can do no wrong, and anyone who says otherwise is a heretic and should be burned (or that's what his fanaticsm screams to me). This is a post about Microsoft's crappy mp3 player, why did he go into a rant about Macintosh's crappy mp3 player?

Honestly, I don't care, they both blow as far as I'm concerned. I just don't like seeing blind devotion to a huge corporation. A team is one thing, a company is something completely different. It's like someone who buys nothing but Ford, or only Planter's © peanuts.

There, everyone feel better?

--Cyclopsis "Macintosh sucks just as much as Microsoft, admit it..." Joe

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

• 2 years later...

Reminds me of Playstation.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Archived