Fox's Intro for the All-Star game

Thad

did they try to make it as supid as possible?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

But the shooting stars was probably the worst I've ever seen.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Is it a rule that Bud Selig has to interrupt the middle of Every All Star Game and other big games. I don't mind honoring Roberto Clemente however there is no reason they could not have done this before the game. Can you imagine any other sport stopping the game for a planned ceremony?

Is it a rule that Bud Selig has to interrupt the middle of Every All Star Game and other big games. I don't mind honoring Roberto Clemente however there is no reason they could not have done this before the game. Can you imagine any other sport stopping the game for a planned ceremony?

I absolutely agree, but this is only the 10th time this award has been given out, so for something as prestigious as that, for that I can make time.

I absolutely agree, but this is only the 10th time this award has been given out, so for something as prestigious as that, for that I can make time.

I don't think it's a prestigous award. I think the award that was given out was some award Selig created a few years ago. I could be wrong though. Even if it is a prestigous award it's no reason to stop the game.

I don't think it's a prestigous award. I think the award that was given out was some award Selig created a few years ago. I could be wrong though. Even if it is a prestigous award it's no reason to stop the game.

Yea I was right. I little research shows that all the Winners have been 1998 or after and is the official let's stop the game award. Clemente is by far the most deserving winner here is the list of the other winners of the Commissioners Historic Achievement Award.

Other fine winners-

-Rickey Henderson for his career

-Tony Gwynn for his career

-Cal Ripken for his career (If you remember they stopped the 2001 All-Star Game randomly to give out the previous 2 awards to Gwynn and Ripken).

-Ichiro Susuki for breaking the hit record

Okay now we get into the laughable

-Roger Clemens for basically not retireing. Realyy for his career, which isn't over yet.

- The 2001 Seattle Mariners for winning 116 games and not getting to the World Series.

Now the really laughable.

- Sammy Sosa for being juiced up and hitting 66 home runs in '98

- Mark McGwire for getting juiced up and hitting 70 Home Runs in '98.

- Barry Bonds for getting juiced up and hitting 73 home runs.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/awards/m...jsp?content=cha

As you can see not that prestigious. The award has been around lees than 10 years and has been given out like candy. Sure the raw number makes it sound prestigious but not when you really look at it. It's like that Yankee Captaincy when you hear the numbers it look impressive considering the time the team has been around. However when you realize the position was retired 30 something years and look at the players who have had it since then it's not really the special thing they make it out to be.

No reason to stop a game.

Archived