Aubrey Huff traded

Brass

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - The Tampa Bay Devil Rays traded third baseman Aubrey Huff and cash to the Houston Astros in exchange for two minor league prospects on Wednesday.

The 30-year-old Huff, subject of trade speculation each of the past three years, started slowly this season but gradually has built his batting average to .283 with eight homers and 28 RBIs.

He is Tampa Bay's career leader in games (798), at bats (3,016), runs (399), hits (868), doubles (173), home runs (128), extra-base hits (307) and RBIs (449). He's hit 20 or more home runs four times and is one of five left-handed hitters - along with David Ortiz, Carlos Delgado, Hideki Matsui and Bobby Abreu - to average 100-plus RBIs the past three seasons.

The Devil Rays received right-handed pitcher Mitch Talbot and shortstop Ben Zobrist. Both players will report to Double-A Montgomery.

Talbot, 22, was 6-4 with a 3.39 ERA in 18 appearances with Double-A Corpus Christi this season. Zobrist, 25, batted .328 in 82 games for Corpus Christi.

LINK

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

My first thought:

This is what the Astros needed. And they didnt have to trade any of there valueable prospects (Hirsch) or trade bait (Williy Tavares) to get him. Nice Move.

And I dont think there done dealing yet either....

My second thought:

Wow....Huff will be playing his home games now in "TenRun Field." And he's heating up right now too....combustible situation here!

My third thought.

As a Met fan, Im lovin life right right now.....lots of Spankee fans were counting on a deal for Huff .... so much for that!

Remember Spankee fans, when slitting your wrists, "its across the street, not down the boulevard!" See you in October.....

NYCdog.png

Archived