Guilty Pleasures

ShaftDu

alright, first off, I really love these forums. I have always been a fan of sport fashion and uniforms. When everyone was waiting to see how their team was going to shape up in the off season, I was the one who was wondering on who was changing their unis. I am a fan of uniwatch and the 'making it better' columns on Page 2. And since finding out about these forums, I knew I have found others like myself.

With that being said, man there is a lot of negative posts and feelings on these forums. I see a lot of 'I hate this...' or 'Worst logo' or ' oh no not another....' posts. Which got me thinking, what do people actually like nowadays. The problem on these forums is that the moment you mention you like something that not everyone likes, then you get 10 replies stating that you must be on crack for liking that.

I have some things I like that isn't popular with you folks. I think it would be an interesting topic discussion to have things you like that the 'majority' might not. Why not?

Okay here the rules, state something you like that you know you would get 10 replies stating that you shouldn't. And tell us why you like it? Why do you like a certain style or maybe a certain logo. And remember, DON"T REPLY TO ANYONE"s GuiLTY Pleasure.

Alright, I will start. I like it when a team especially a football team comes out with different combos. Yes, I like the Bengals equipment manager. I like it when a team with 3 tops and 2 pants go crazy with different combos. Why not? Why do we have to be the same unis every week. Why not have orange on white or black and black. Be different once in a while. Are you listening Texans or Panthers? I like seeing eagle wear black with green pants. It looks cool when they do it for a special occasion.

see... now your turn, what is your guilty pleasures, come on lets have some fun

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Thrashers' third jersey. I know it's odd and unconventional, and I am a traditionalist when it comes right down to it, but the colors, the striping, hell even that one dark blue ATLANTA sleeve is cool. I know most people here hate it, but I'm a fan.

I'll think of more later.

The royals vested uniforms from last year and such.

I love black and blue, and I thought it looked awesome, especially their road jersey! (Hell I got a replica royals road jersey 2 years ago!)

I can see why the royals ditched the black, they of course couldve just went back to blue sleeves underneath the vest.

Alright... I'll bite.

I like fashion color MLB hats. Nothing crazy... no pink or purple where it doesn't belong, but tastefully done, I like it. The original Spike Lee red yankees hat was kind of a stroke of genius. Personally, I own a Carolina blue Cleveland Indians 5950, and I love it.

Now, don't get me wrong...

this, this, and (gag) this are pretty fugly... but I do definitely like this, and especially the St. Patrick's Day versions like this.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

1. The pumpkin Tampa Bay Bucs. Love those.

2. The orange-striped Astros

3. (This should not be a guilty pleasure, but since you all hate it...) The Christmas Devils. Best. Hockey. Jersey. Ever.

4. Some of the 1980's powder blue road uniforms (twins, expos, phillies, royals, etc.)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Love the Islander Fisherman and Bucco Bruce. Always have.

*sigh* I'll admit that too... I liked the Islanders fisherman. Not the colors, but the actual fisherman.

I'm even more ashamed of that now, because I want the Slugalo to get the Fisherman treatment in Buffalo.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I love the Brewers "ball-in-glove" logo. It's modern, the colours are great and it really relates to the nickname "BREWERS"......

......:lol: .Sorry! I couldn't hold back the laughter. I was lying the whole time....

DEATH TO THE BALL-IN-GLOVE LOGO!!!

I saw, I came, I left.

I love everything about the Tampa Bay Devil Rays current look. I love that shade of green and I would rank it as one of my favorite caps.

I kind of like the Broncos unis, but especially the orange alts. I wish they would go to them full time!

I love the Brewers "ball-in-glove" logo. It's modern, the colours are great and it really relates to the nickname "BREWERS"......

......:lol: .Sorry! I couldn't hold back the laughter. I was lying the whole time....

DEATH TO THE BALL-IN-GLOVE LOGO!!!

:lol:, couldn't agree with you more, but I do like the 2 tone blue of the Grizzlies, but that would be the only guilty pleasure I have

- Isles Fisherman

- Devil Rays original "Rainbow" look

- The insanity of the WLAF, circa 1995

- The Canucks' Flying V

- The 1996 Baltimore Bandits, with diagonal purple gradient striping that could give Paul Lukas an aneurysm

- The originally proposed graphite Jays road uniforms. My, how they've grown on me.

Fact is, the collection in my closet could make any traditionalist's blood boil. If JQK were to come to my place and have a gander, he'd punch my lights out.

"The Memphis &%$@ing Maniax?!?" *POW*

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Love the Islander Fisherman and Bucco Bruce. Always have.

*sigh* I'll admit that too... I liked the Islanders fisherman. Not the colors, but the actual fisherman.

I'm even more ashamed of that now, because I want the Slugalo to get the Fisherman treatment in Buffalo.

Great to hear I'm not the only one who actually like the Islander Fisherman design. The colours were brutal, but I liked the logo for some reason.

I like the Bruins alts, I just hate the stupid bear.

I like the Red Sox red alts, I think they look good on the field.

I like the Padres 1994(?)-2002 road jerseys...those looked nice also.

But my biggest guilty pleasure are these...

scsununi.gif

But my biggest guilty pleasure are these...

scsununi.gif

Word.

Magenta and Orange, Anaheim, 1974-75. What a unusual, original uni that speaks of time and place. I purchased a So. Cal. Sun logo t-shirt from Section 219- Classic Sports Logos a few years back, and actually wore it to an Angels game at the Sun's home stadium in Anaheim, just for the irony.

My other "guilty pleasures":

- Anything from the WFL

- Lime green (Orlando Thunder and Portland Storm jerseys, etc.)

- Tampa Bay Buccaneers' old look

- Tampa Bay Rowdies' funky look with striped sleeves and collars

^_^

It is what it is.

i like the green atlanta hawks jerseys, i love the black lions jerseys, green red sox package, and i hate to say this but oregons new uniforms. i think they would be better without the metal patches but i like the uniform.

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

It didn't hit me until last night's All-Star Game, but I'm ashamed to admit I like the Mets new gradient batting helmets. It reminded me of a modern-day version of the front-panel looks of my youth, like the Blue Jays and Brewers. I like the concept more than I like it for the Mets specifically.

I know I've stated on here before that the Mets need to dump black, and I still think they should revert to the blue-orange only, but I don't think it's going to happen, especially with the sales success reported recently on here. I actually like some of the combos. I just wish they'd use it less (much like I wish the Cubs wouldn't wear the blue alt at home).

So, I'm chalking the Mets up as a lost cause, as much as I'd like to see them go traditional. Also, I liked the Rockies' black alt with purple sleeves. I think it's OK to try new things, especially with expansion teams.

Not sure I'd get ripped for it, but I like the Jaguars' teal jersey-black pants combo (even better when they had stripes) and the Titans' light-blue alt with navy pants combos. A lot.

Archived