Guilty Pleasures

ShaftDu

None of my pleasures are guilty, but here goes a list of the less popular ones:

- Milwaukee Brewers (MLB) "ball-in-glove" logo. It's just cool.

- Seattle Seahawks (NFL) blue monochrome, party because their white pants are so horrid.

- Variation in MLB baseball pants styles and hoisery. Baggy, tight, short, long, under the cleats, it's all good, just give me the variety.

- Atlanta Falcons (NFL), Cincinnatti Bengals (NFL), New York Mets (MLB), etc. myriad uniform combinations. Once again, variety is the spice of life.

- New York Mets (MLB) black and accompanying gradient helmet.

- Colorado Rockies (MLB) black vest with black undersleeves.

- Los Angeles Dodgers (MLB) red front home uniform numbers.

- Hockey Swift jerseys.

- Houston Astros (MLB) bygone rainbow uniforms and current current "Astros" wordmark (not together, for heaven's sake).

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeeeaaaahhhhh.

I wish the ball/circle was not on the jersey, but I loved this color combo.

I forgot one: Brown and orange Padres (not the early 1980s, but mid 1980s with the pinstripe roads)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I really like the old alternates jersey from the 80's like wild wing and the canucks alternate aswell as the kings one with the face of the mad king on it. I also enjoy the old V canucks jersey i ugly but i love it.

I forgot a couple. The St. Louis Blues jersey with the abundance of red and the trumpet logo. I thought those were creative and slick. The Pittsburgh Penguins alternate jersey. The one that replaced the jersey that had PITTSBURGH running diagonally down it. I thought this jersey looked nice. I wanna get me a Mario Lemieux jersey of this kind. It was originally an alternate, but over time became the primary road uniform. I always pick these jerseys when I'm the Penguins in NHL 2006. In case you like 'em in the game it says it's the Penguins 1995 alternate.

the tennessee titans logos, colors, and uniforms... only thing i dislike is the helmet stripes.

and most of all, i love the mustard yellow jerseys of the nashville predators. they are so ugly that i love them. one of my favorite jerseys in sports. if i see the preds playing on tv, i cross my fingers that they're wearing mustard before i click over.

i also love the jets logo and uniforms.

and also, the cleveland browns.

-Any uni with two-tone blue (Titans, Grizz, Mavs, Thrashers--everything but Utah's blah jerseys) Again, note my username and the grayed-out logo in my sig. :D

-The Pistons' horsie logo, ESPECIALLY the Bad Boy-era recoloring. I was legitimately sad to see it go.

-Wild alternate (I actually understand the hatred for the green jersey, too)

-Rockets pajama jerseys (blue, not white)

-The "modernized" Sonics logo of the 90s

-The Mooterus. (Not really. I just wanted to say Mooterus. :D)

sportsbanner-single.jpg

I actually liked "The Mooterus." No kidding. I must be the only one. It was a good concept. Taurus, a bull, is good because texas is known for its cattle. And it was a representation of the constellation, which makes sense because the team is the "Stars." It made sense to me.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I really liked the Pirates hats of the late 1970's. I can't remember the name of that style.

Pillbox. They were nothing if not unique.

I like the new Sabres logo.

Just kidding!

I really like the SDSU football helmets. They are the only one (to my knowledge) with that style, and with the red and black uniforms I think it looks pretty sharp.

13FOOTBALL.jpg

Speaking of SDSU, the Marshall Faulk era unforms were a guilty pleasure for me. These uniforms were a good and very intimidating look for a team that could points on the board like nothing else using weapons like Marshall Faulk and Darnay Scott. As a BYU fan, these uniforms should bring back nightmares of Marshall Faulk running for 300+ yards, but they also remind me of 62-34, 52-52, 45-38, 45-44 shootouts that took place from 1990-1993.

San_Diego_State_-_Faulk.jpgs_faulk_i.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I love black jerseys. I have no problem if a team that uses black wants to use it as either a regular or third jersey.

I love yellow jerseys too, however it is a delicate color that must be done right in order to look good.

I LOVE the new Ducks jerseys.

I honestly have no beef with the Buffaslug, if only because the potential for uniforms from that logo alone is tremendous.

I love hockey jerseys that have the team name doing down the front.

--Roger "Time? Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

This is sorrta a gilty pleasure for me but here it is

Denver Broncos Orange alt. (its a nice twist and they save those for snowy days or nights!)

All of the Falcons unis (especally the red and black)

Any colored baseball uniform

The new Pistons Red alts.

I like the Thrashers' third jersey. I know it's odd and unconventional, and I am a traditionalist when it comes right down to it, but the colors, the striping, hell even that one dark blue ATLANTA sleeve is cool. I know most people here hate it, but I'm a fan.

I'll think of more later.

I'm with you on this. I LOVE the Trashers alternate jersey. It's perhaps the only jersey I have considered buying for no reason other than it looks cool.

sabresnewlogo.jpg

I really like the A's when they had yellow jerseys. This year against the Giants on a 1982 retro night they wore green. Wrong choice! In 2002, they went with a yellow retro and it looked very cool.

In fact I like a lot of the 70s and 80s colorful unis. The 1979 World Series was a great series, and the unis for both teams ruled.

And as much as I hate the Cowboys and everything they stand for, I love their uniform. The white jersey version that eveyone complans about because it "doesn't match." It may not match, but it's the only redeeming feature of that organiztion.

The Pirates Garanimals jerseys in the late 70's (except for the home whites that had pinstripes thick as a crayon)

NFL's 75th anniversary unis for Chicago & Pittsburgh

Miami Hurricanes throwback from last season (green/gold)

Archived