New Secondary:

NAPHAAEONNYSXME.20060711144240.jpg

Primary:

headerv2b.jpg

And apaprently, Nike is buying their new road unis to include the new logo:

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/n...te/15024487.htm

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

This was partially covered in this thread from April. Also, just to avoid confusion, the Primary is not new, just the secondary.

On that topic, I don't like it. It doesn't look like it's from the same logo set. If you're going to add a secondary, it should go with the primary. This one doesn't.

Moose

This was partially covered in this thread from April. Also, just to avoid confusion, the Primary is not new, just the secondary.

On that topic, I don't like it. It doesn't look like it's from the same logo set. If you're going to add a secondary, it should go with the primary. This one doesn't.

Moose

Agreed.

Plus, I can't look at any buffalo/bison logo anymore and not compare it to Bosack's Bucknell job. Which is awesome.

Sorry, NDSU.

The more I look at it, it gets better to me, As an individual logo. Its supposed to go on the football unis on the sides of the pants, it just doesnt fit with the main logos.

I guess CI Apparel of Fargo did it. They also have done MSU-Mankato, and Northern Iowa just to name a couple. In fact, i just walked by their store a little bit ago.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I'm just 40 minutes from Fargo, so the unveiling of the new logo at our new Scheel's store made some news. I have to say that I don't dislike it as much as my initial reaction did. It has grown on me, but it's not that great. I'm glad they're not replacing the old primary logo. That's a good one I think. A morning radio show was talking about it and said the new logo looks like Beast from Disney's Beauty and the Beast. That's good for a few laughs I think.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I guess CI Apparel of Fargo did it. They also have done MSU-Mankato, and Northern Iowa just to name a couple. In fact, i just walked by their store a little bit ago.

Well, Mankato's is one of the worst logos out there, if you ask me:

MAV2005.gif

And Northern Iowa isn't much better:

noriowa.gif

This makes them 0-3 in my book:

NAPHAAEONNYSXME.20060711144240.jpg

Moose

MAV2005.gif

Woah... what happened to the tips of the horns, there? Looks like it tried to gore a panzer tank and got its horns all bent.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

The big thing about the new NDSU logo is it offers a more vertical look that can be used in places where vertical is more practical than horizontal.

Personally, I like it. But i don't see it ever taking over and becoming the primary logo.

The best news out of NDSU was getting rid of the one-year-old road uniforms. They were awful -- yellow numbers that were impossible to read, even with a hint of a green outline. The new green numbers are great.

put me in the minority, but i think this secondary is far superior to the current primary - it's a little too detailed and busy and doesn't match the primary, but it's very solid...i'd ditch the current look for this if i were the ad at ndsu

i think the biggest thing i dislike about the current primary is the way it ends...no legs, no rump, no tail...why show ANY of the body if you're going to truncate it at such an odd spot?

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived