Angels Old Unis

tikitiger

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the Disney-era uniforms, too. I particularly liked the way the different blues were used. It was very ... well ... angelic.

Overall, though, the Angels have not had very good uniforms in their history. The one exception might be the caps with the halos on top -- now those were cool, and they just said "Angels."

The current Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim uniforms are really outstanding.

Great logo, unique typeface, and clean unis make this for me a winner.

I believe Todd Radom designed the uniforms so it's no surprise how terrific these are.

My only wish was that the halo from the 60's and early 70's would make an alternate cap return.

I liked the Disney-era uniforms, too. I particularly liked the way the different blues were used. It was very ... well ... angelic.

Overall, though, the Angels have not had very good uniforms in their history. The one exception might be the caps with the halos on top -- now those were cool, and they just said "Angels."

im srry, i cant agree there at all, the angels have been one of hte most consistently well dressed teams in baseball, always clean cut and classy, the one misstep was the blue jerseys, and those werent all that bad, imo, the pinstripes killed them, they were trying to go classic mixed with modern and it didnt work, but the jerseys they have now are some of the best in the bigs, i dont agree wit the blue cap, maybe if they added more blue to there base jersey it would look good, the only suggestion i have now is some kind of sleeve patch.

The current Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim uniforms are really outstanding.

Great logo, unique typeface, and clean unis make this for me a winner.

I believe Todd Radom designed the uniforms so it's no surprise how terrific these are.

My only wish was that the halo from the 60's and early 70's would make an alternate cap return.

So, do you "believe" Todd Radom designed them or do you have inside knowledge of it???

Welcome Back Tom!!

I thought the "Disney" jerseys were great. I can see why you hate em though. Vest, owned by disney, cartoony logo, owned by disney.

It's not that it's a vest. The problem was that they were NOT vests, but just shirts made to LOOK like vests, because they had blue sleeves. That's just tacky. I love vests, but non-vests made to look like vests were just bad.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

if you look closely at the disney logo cap logo, you'll notice another valid reason to rid the team of the winged logo hats. take a look at the portion of the wing that crosses the "A."

and maybe it's because i'm a fan, but I think the angels have had great uniforms since the nolan ryan era, with the exception of the disney softball uniforms.

what a lot of people forget though, is that the team was still under disney ownership when the converted to the red uniforms. :peace:

I don't know why, but being a long time Anaheim resident I remember the Angels looking really pudgy wearing those uniforms. I don't know if they just had a more heavy set team back then or those were some sort of special non-slimming pin stripes.

The current BP caps are blue with a red brim and are pretty popular. They don't really go with the current jerseys though.

The Angels need to stick to red hats, even if they have a history of navy hats with red bills. The American League seems to be allergic to red hats, save with Boston and Texas occasionally flirting with the red.

That being said, the BP hat isn't terrible.

1_250.jpg1_250.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Hated the Disney look.

I think the uniforms they wear now are almost completely perfect. They just have one small change they need to make to the roads to seal the deal:

losangeles_angels.gif

:D

I'd agree with you 100% but I believe Mr. Moreno assured the citizens of Anaheim he would never put "Los Angeles" on the Road jerseys or "LA" on the caps. That would just re-open the can of worms already settled in the courts with the name change.

metslogo_215.gif

The city of Los Angeles should make Moreno put the city name on the roads. If you're gonna take advantage of their name, at least plaster it on there somewhere. Enough of this Just The Angels stuff.

By the way, I like the red hats. Dodger Blue, Angel Red. That way they're opposites.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Agree on the caps. I was opposed to them at first, wanting the club to use the classic blue with red bills, but they've grown on me. There's a purity of design to them, that works very well in opposition to the Dodgers uniforms to form one of the best city-encompassing looks.

I'm not sure I get what you mean by "take advantage of the name", though. The Angels play in a suburb of LA, they have as much right to it as any team.

By the way, I like the red hats. Dodger Blue, Angel Red. That way they're opposites.

Of course, we all know that, according to Goethe's color wheel, red is the opposite of green and blue the opposite of orange.

145px-Goethe-colourWheel.jpg

However, the blue/red dichotomy has been well served by Oxford and Cambridge, as well Harvard and Yale, so it makes perfect sense to extend such a fine tradition to Los Angeles and it suburbs.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived