Angels Old Unis

tikitiger

I still think they should put "Los Angeles" on the aways, even though Dodgers fans would get kinda nutty about it.

KC Jayhawk

Dodgers fans would get over it.

I totally agree with your first point. From the second page of this thread:

Hated the Disney look.

I think the uniforms they wear now are almost completely perfect.  They just have one small change they need to make to the roads to seal the deal:

losangeles_angels.gif

:D

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, before I get to far off on a tangent here...

...I do like the late 1980s Angels cap as I have a fitted one myself that is in great shape. It just needs a damp cloth to clear off a little bit of dust on it.

So much for avoiding that tangent.

I'm not sure I get what you mean by "take advantage of the name", though.  The Angels play in a suburb of LA, they have as much right to it as any team.

Anaheim is not a suburb of la at all, anaheim is its own city, its own location, and its own identity.

Only in the collective mind of the Anaheim tourist board. :P

Hoboken is its own city, with its own location and its own identity. That doesn't stop it from being a suburb of New York.

You'll find that all suburbs share the qualities you list. Many suburbs are incorporated as cities (as opposed to villages and towns), physics dictates that that no two objects can occupy the same space (hence the separate geographical location), and even neighborhoods within a city have their own identites.

Anaheim is a suburb. Any claims to the contrary are just public relations spin.

ur retarded.....anaheim is not a suburb, check ur geography

stop posting right bloody now !

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

Also, besides NY, this cap is the only that used the abbreviation of its state: California (CA).

I loved that halo.

FWIW, the "NY" on the caps of the Mets and the Yankees both stand for the city. The New York refers to City of, not State.

The first team to be named for the state was the Minnesota Twins, but they of course put "TC" on the caps instead of "M" until much later. So you could very well be right that the Angels were the first to have a state orientation on their caps. Good catch.

Also for what it's worth, while CA is California's initials, I think it stands for "California Angels".

I already meant it:

Ah. Did you notice that this cap was the first ever (and until now, the only) that used the initials of the place (city and/or state) and... the nickname of the team?

Also, besides NY, this cap is the only that used the abbreviation of its state: California (CA).

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived