Mark Prior back on DL,

Jigga

See here. Yawn. Oh, and in other news, the sun rose, the sun set, it rained in Seattle, it didn't rain in the Sahara Desert, and there was violence in the Middle East.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Maybe the Cubs should start announcing when Prior and Wood are not on the DL it will save time.

The thing about the two, however, is that they are two completely different pitchers, in terms of their injuries. It's amazing how Wood's arm has blown up. Prior? He's either the biggest wimp out there (between the couple of stints where his arm was "sore," so he went on the DL, and the MRI shoed no physical dammage in his arm), or he unlucky (getting run into on the basepaths, a comebacker to his elbow, strained side muscle in BP, food poisoning, etc.

Wood's arm is gone, Prior is just, I don't know...

Moose

Reminds me of an article from The Onion where they said The DL wanted to sign Mark Prior to a multi-year deal. Kirk Gibson was the manager, that article was hilarious :lol:

Craig Counsell broke a rib while swinging yesterday...At least Prior didn't do that......yet.

Just give him a chance. Prior doesn't play enough...:P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well-conditioned athlete my arse.

Perhaps today's athletes are too finely tuned. How many athletes in our fathers' generation missed two weeks because of "soreness", "tweaked hamstrings", and sat out games because of "flu-like symptoms"?

• 2 weeks later...
And today, Prior tosses 5 and 2/3 innings of no-hit ball against the best team in the NL in his second game back off the DL (he'll get a ND because of 0 runs support)...

Moose

...and leaves because of apparent cramps (as described by "From the Cubicle" on the Chicago Trib website). I understand his pitch count was nearing 100, but c'mon - drink your Gatorade, Mark!

Still scoreless into the bottom of the 10th - Glendon Rusch ought to take care of that!

It's where I sit.

Still scoreless into the bottom of the 10th -  Glendon Rusch ought to take care of that!

Single, double, intentional walk, single = cubbies lose.

This is the only team whose plight I actually enjoy watching. Sick? Yes, but it amuses me even more than when the Saints invent ways to lose. :P

Still scoreless into the bottom of the 10th -  Glendon Rusch ought to take care of that!

This is the only team whose plight I actually enjoy watching. Sick? Yes, but it amuses me even more than when the Saints invent ways to lose. :P

[walks into local 12 step program office]

Hi, my name is Paul, and I'm a Cubs fan.

It's where I sit.

Careful, someone might make a joke about a certain Atlanta team if you're not cautious.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Careful, someone might make a joke about a certain Atlanta team if you're not cautious.

Which one?

The Atlanta Hawks that haven't had a winning record since 97-98?

The Atlanta Braves that have only made it passed the divisional playoffs twice since 95 even though they made the playoffs every year?

The Atlanta Thrashers who haven't had a winning record once in their history?

Save the slugalo.

Which one?

The Atlanta Braves that have only made it passed the divisional playoffs twice since 95 even though they made the playoffs every year?

Atlanta Hawks go 31-19 in 1998-99 season

Atlanta Thrashers go 41-33-8 in 2005-06 season.

How many times have the Brewers made the playoffs since 1991? You'd be lying if you said you wouldn't want your team wanting the same amount of success the Braves have had since 1991.

Which one?

Thrashers - Have only existed since '99, give them time. Can't say much about the other teams though. And to add to the fire of teams I enjoy watching suffer: Arizona Cardinals.

nyg1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifyankees4-sm.gifknicks-sm.gif

mysigdj9.png

Archived