Fantasy Hockey Team Concepts

capn89

I had a short-lived fantasy hockey league called the UnHA and I was digging through my files the other day to make a backup cd and thought I would share some of my concepts.

I'll start with the "Atlantic City Death Birds." I used a recolored Ravens logo and a recolored and slightly tweaked Eagles logo as the two base logos. The home and away are recolored versions of some old Washington Capitals concepts of mine. The third is a mix between the Atlanta Thrashers (shoulders) and Buffalo Sabres (bottom) jerseys.

ATC_PRE_T1.jpgATC_PRE_T2.jpgATC_PRE_T3.jpg

(more to come)

Next it's the "Chichen Itza Albino Zebras/Chichen Itza Zebras." The first three jerseys were used over the course of the first two seasons. The main logo was a zebra head I found while googling late at night and altered slightly. The black third jersey is an altered version of the Calgary Flames' horse head logo.

CTZ_PRE_T1b.jpgCTZ_PRE_T2b.jpgCTZ_PRE_T3.jpg

As for the other two, after season two, the Zebras got a slight makeover to give themselves some color as they dropped the "Albino" part of their name. The jerseys were never used, though, as the league didn't make it into its third season.

CTZ_PRE_T1a.jpgCTZ_PRE_T2a.jpg

The "Delphi Delphinidae" used the Miami Dolphins logo as well as a jersey design from an old Penguins concept of mine.

DEL_PRE_T1.jpgDEL_PRE_T2.jpg

The "Granby Riviere" uses, the Rivermen(?)'s logo as well as a similar design to the old Islanders fisherman logo.

GRN_PRE_T1.jpgGRN_PRE_T2.jpg

After season 1, Granby moved to Vancouver and became the "Vancouver Dark Jedi." Same jerseys, altered logo, new colors.

VAN_PRE_T1b.jpgVAN_PRE_T2b.jpg

After season 2, Granby/Vancouver continued on their path to find an identity and were to become the "Vancouver Grizzlies." I think these were the uniforms they'd finally crawl out of the gutter with, but unfortunately there was no season 3.

VAN_PRE_T1a.jpgVAN_PRE_T2a.jpg

One of my favorites, the "Roswell Aliens." The colors scream "WHALERS" but the concept is an old Flyers jersey I came up with.

ROS_PRE_T1.jpgROS_PRE_T2.jpg

The "Seattle Swift" makes use of the Atlanta Thrashers' logo. The last jersey was a jersey they wore through season 1 and half of season 2 before switching to a jersey (the second) with more blue than black.

SEA_PRE_T1.jpgSEA_PRE_T2a.jpgSEA_PRE_T2b.jpg

The "Sedona Thunder." An "S" logo with the Lightning's bolt going through it. The shoulder logo is a recolored version of the Coyotes shoulder patch with an added bolt of lightning. These versions were worn in season 1.

SED_PRE_T1b.jpgSED_PRE_T2b.jpg

These were worn in season 2. Now the road is white, the primary logo is altered a bit and the striping is a little different.

SED_PRE_T1a.jpgSED_PRE_T2a.jpg

Sedona's third jersey.

SED_PRE_T3.jpg

And finally, the "Winnipeg Indystruct." The jerseys are Nashville's third jersey, and the logo is from the Predators, as well. The "W" is a creation of mine.

WIN_PRE_T1.jpgWIN_PRE_T2.jpg

On the left, the original version of Winnipeg's third jersey (an old Buffalo Sabres concept of mine) and on the right the newest version of the third jersey with modified designs and the "W" logo.

WIN_PRE_T3b.jpgWIN_PRE_T3a.jpg

cap, buy some detergent, they all smell bad :hockeysmiley:

the Sedona third really stands out to me, though. scent aside, if I wasn't trying to arrange to buy an aussie rules jumper, I'd buy it off you B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

cap, buy some detergent, they all smell bad :hockeysmiley:

the Sedona third really stands out to me, though. scent aside, if I wasn't trying to arrange to buy an aussie rules jumper, I'd buy it off you B)

It's a shame about the scent... they're all made from recycled toilet tissue and specially re-processed tuna. It's a shame really, but I got a good price on the materials.

...Back to the C+C...I think they are rip offs of real logos...

You didn't actually read the post did you?:

I'll start with the "Atlantic City Death Birds." I used a recolored Ravens logo and a recolored and slightly tweaked Eagles logo as the two base logos.
The main logo was a zebra head I found while googling late at night and altered slightly
The "Delphi Delphinidae" used the Miami Dolphins logo as well as a jersey design from an old Penguins concept of mine.

I could go on but hopefully you get the point.

Archived