NCAA FOOTBALL PROJECTIONS

DomTheAthlete29

I was thinking of away to take a stand on this BCS bull :censored:, and find a solution. I though about a conference tournament, with the max of 3 or 4 games per team. That's 4 week longer of a schedule, the winner would be put into a 14 seed final tournament, 11 conference winners, and 2 @ large bids based on best record. The final slot would be filled by a in game top independent vs. last at large. Sounds different and long but I have been working out some of the kinks in the schedule, and have placed opening day 6 weeks back, starting the 3rd week in July and going to Jan 1, with the NCAA tournament finals. I will be making projections for each league, then compare it with the season, now if a 6-6 team won't get into a bowl, it would have to beat a 12-0 team, to advance. The conference tournaments and ncaa tournament will be simed on NCAA 07' when its relased. Hope you enjoy my first projection of the Pac-10.

PAC-10 Conference

Southern Cal 9-3 (6-2)

California 11-1 (7-1)

Oregon 7-5 (4-4)

Arizona State 10-2 (6-2)

Ucla 6-6 (3-5)

Arizona 5-7 (2-6)

Washington State 6-6 (3-5)

Oregon State 4-9 (1-7)

Stanford 3-9 (1-7)

Washington 1-11 (0-8)

PAC-10 Standings

1. California

2. Arizona State

3. Southern Cal

4. Oregon

5. Ucla

6. Washington State

------------------------

7. Arizona

8. Oregon State

9. Stanford

10. Washington

Conference Tournament / Finals @ Qualcomm Stadium: San Diego, CA

1. California

Bye

@ California

4. Oregon

5. Ucla

3. Southern Cal

6. Washington State

@ Arizona State

2. Arizona State

Bye

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

I'm starting grad school at UW this fall. Their football team is really projected to be that bad? That's a shame.

My Big East projects:

1. Louisville

2. West Virginia

3. Pitt

4. USF

5. Connecticut

6. Rutgers

7. Syracuse

8. Cincinnati

Without seeing their schedule, I think the Cardinals have a really good chance at the national championship this season. Brian Brohm and Michael Bush have the potential to be very, very good together.

The Big East is shaping up to be a pretty decent football conference.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm starting grad school at UW this fall. Their football team is really projected to be that bad? That's a shame.

My Big East projects:

1. Louisville

2. West Virginia

3. Pitt

4. USF

5. Connecticut

6. Rutgers

7. Syracuse

8. Cincinnati

Without seeing their schedule, I think the Cardinals have a really good chance at the national championship this season. Brian Brohm and Michael Bush have the potential to be very, very good together.

I have a feeling USF (I'm a half-alumni of USF) will do much better than most people will think, here's their schedule:

Sat, Sep 02 McNeese State

Sat, Sep 09 Florida International

Sat, Sep 16 @ UCF

Sat, Sep 23 @ Kansas

Fri, Sep 29 Rutgers

Sat, Oct 07 Connecticut

Sat, Oct 14 @ North Carolina

Sun, Oct 22 @ Cincinnati

Sat, Nov 04 Pittsburgh

Sat, Nov 11 Syracuse

Sat, Nov 18 @ Louisville

Sat, Nov 25 @ West Virginia

Up until the final 2 games of the season, the oly real questionable games are @ UNC and @ Kansas, other than that USF could be your underdog team of the year.

I was thinking of away to take a stand on this BCS bull :censored:, and find a solution. I though about a conference tournament, with the max of 3 or 4 games per team. That's 4 week longer of a schedule, the winner would be put into a 14 seed final tournament, 11 conference winners, and 2 @ large bids based on best record. The final slot would be filled by a in game top independent vs. last at large.

Way too many games there. I've advocated this solution since high school:

Play Regular season

11 Conference Champions are given automatic berths into the Tournament

21 At-Large berths spread out among eligible teams

32 teams are pooled into 4 regional brackets, and seeded 1-8

Here's where the fun begins...

First 2 rounds are held at the higher seed's home field (8-9, 15-16 December 2006)

The remaining 3 rounds are held at major bowl games

Elite Eight- Games are played at the Cotton, Gator, Capital One, and Fiesta Bowls (22-23 December)

Final Four and National Championship Game- Played at Rose, Sugar, and Orange Bowls, with the Championship game rotated between the three bowls (30 December and 6 January 2007)

What about the other bowls?

Teams who meet bowl eligibility, yet are not picked for the tournament fill in bowl slots. However, 16 of the 21 remaining bowls keep and at-large slot open to accept teams bounced out fo the first round of the tournament. What this means is that if you make the tournament, you're guaranteed at least 2 postseason games.

Problems this solves

-Elimination of the possibility of split national titles

-Creation of a true playoff system

-Inclusion of "Mid Major" football conferences, which makes the champion a true champion of all of Division 1-A, not just the champion of the major conferences

-Preservation of the heritage of the major bowls

-Preservation of the lesser bowls, with the possibility of enhancing lesser bowls by allowing them to invite big name schools who were bounced out of the first round of the tournament

-Addition of weather as a factor in postseason games (The MPC Computers Bowl in Boise, ID is the only bowl game currently that "northern" weather conditions can play a factor), something some northern team supporters point to when comparing teams

-Addition of home games for tournaments means instant sell outs at the 24 games in the first two rounds, allowing fans who may not be able to travel to bowl games to attend postseason games to support their school

-Money! Like other tounaments, payouts to teams in the first 2 rounds are handled by the NCAA, and final 3 rounds are covered by the host bowls.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I'm starting grad school at UW this fall.  Their football team is really projected to be that bad?  That's a shame.

My Big East projects:

1. Louisville

2. West Virginia

3. Pitt

4. USF

5. Connecticut

6. Rutgers

7. Syracuse

8. Cincinnati

Without seeing their schedule, I think the Cardinals have a really good chance at the national championship this season.  Brian Brohm and Michael Bush have the potential to be very, very good together.

I have a feeling USF (I'm a half-alumni of USF) will do much better than most people will think, here's their schedule:

Sat, Sep 02 McNeese State

Sat, Sep 09 Florida International

Sat, Sep 16 @ UCF

Sat, Sep 23 @ Kansas

Fri, Sep 29 Rutgers

Sat, Oct 07 Connecticut

Sat, Oct 14 @ North Carolina

Sun, Oct 22 @ Cincinnati

Sat, Nov 04 Pittsburgh

Sat, Nov 11 Syracuse

Sat, Nov 18 @ Louisville

Sat, Nov 25 @ West Virginia

Up until the final 2 games of the season, the oly real questionable games are @ UNC and @ Kansas, other than that USF could be your underdog team of the year.

I agree with you on this one.

They should go 9-3 at worst

When looking at sleeper teams, look no farther than Wake Forest.

Sat, Sep 02 Syracuse

Sat, Sep 09 Duke

Sat, Sep 16 @ Connecticut

Sat, Sep 23 @ Ole Miss

Sat, Sep 30 Liberty

Sat, Oct 07 Clemson

Sat, Oct 14 @ NC State

Sun, Oct 28 @ North Carolina

Sat, Nov 04 Boston College

Sat, Nov 11 @ Florida State

Sat, Nov 18 VA Tech

Sat, Nov 25 @ Maryland

The Deacs should start out 5-0. We beat Clemson last year at home, and kept it close 2 years ago in Death Valley. Same with State. We are always competitive with UNC. We lost a close game to BC last season, but we beat them the previous 2 seasons. FSU and FSU should be challenges, but Maryland is always beatable. 8-4 is not out of the question for Wake.

When looking at sleeper teams, look no farther than Wake Forest.

Sat, Sep 02 Syracuse

Sat, Sep 09 Duke

Sat, Sep 16 @ Connecticut

Sat, Sep 23 @ Ole Miss

Sat, Sep 30 Liberty

Sat, Oct 07 Clemson

Sat, Oct 14 @ NC State

Sun, Oct 28 @ North Carolina

Sat, Nov 04 Boston College

Sat, Nov 11 @ Florida State

Sat, Nov 18 VA Tech

Sat, Nov 25 @ Maryland

The Deacs should start out  5-0. We beat Clemson last year at home, and kept it close 2 years ago in Death Valley. Same with State. We are always competitive with UNC. We lost a close game to BC last season, but we beat them the previous 2 seasons. FSU and FSU should be challenges, but Maryland is always beatable. 8-4 is not out of the question for Wake.

Tap on your brakes. You should never fall into that trap of, "I am looking at the schedule and think we can start out..." The Ole Miss' and UConn's of the NCAA landscape are thinking the same thing about playing Wake Forest and you think about them. Talk about your schedule early is only trumped by the, "We never get respect" line from sports fans.

There is only one thing worse than a receiver crying over possible pass interference. And that a fan crying over possible pass interference!

The OP's radical, yes, radical concept does not work. Now remember, they have to attend class at some time. Unless all student-athletes are Sociology majors at Auburn (just a shot from the NY Times story on Friday which has the professor who questioned the academic standards now backing away from his story). Tere is not a reason to have a tournament when you may miss but one team during the season. Heck, since the schedule expands to 12 games, don't take the payday verses a 1-AA squad, but create a balanced schedule when available.

My Big East projects:

1. Louisville

2. West Virginia

3. Pitt

4. USF

5. Connecticut

6. Rutgers

7. Syracuse

8. Cincinnati

Yup. The Huskies suck.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Archived