Blue Jays with infections

dfwabel

Infections place Jays on DL

Since there are many from Ontario on this board, just how serious is the team and facility taking this. Most articles I have read stated taht teh Health Departmetn is involved and the Jays locker room has been disinfected, but that about the turf and the other lokcerooms (visitors and Argos)? If the source cannot be found, what are they going to do?

This has been occuring in St. Louis as well. One of my 4 year old's friends was recently treated for this skin borne staph infection and one of my wife's co-workers was also laid up with it recently. There have also been a couple of additional cases that were reported on the local news. Apparently the condition presents in the same fashion as a bug bite and so people tend to get medical treatment fairly quickly, fearing that it could be from a poisonous spider or a deer tick. I've been told this strain of staph is not potentially fatal, nonetheless, it's still the type of condition that requires medical attention and a fairly long recovery period.

These bacterium are hard to tackle depending on the different strains involved and the virulence of each. Moreover, isolating an outbreak can prove difficult, especially if you don't know what the source is. Many infections are human to human based though, so they could be isolated by removing people contaminated from the public.

This reminds me of the SARS scare in Canada back in '03 I believe. I think that it was someone on the Angels who didn't want to play at Toronto against the Blue Jays. I hope that they can figure out what the problem is and that everyone infected with these infections will fully recover.

Archived