Florida Marlins Uniform Question (1993-2002)

polsce

I have it on good word that a certain sporting goods store in Pittsburgh has about a supply of 20 fitted teal marlins caps from '95. They are sitting on the discount rack and are being sold for $8. I'm going to try to pick one up on Monday if they have my size. I trust the guy that told me this, I hope its true!

If the Marlins get their stadium I'll be happy, but the Miami Marlins will sound stupid after being the Florida Marlins for so long and winning 2 championships with it.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

If the Marlins get their stadium I'll be happy, but the Miami Marlins will sound stupid after being the Florida Marlins for so long and winning 2 championships with it.

How is it any stranger than what the Angels have done? They've used 3 identifiers without leaving Anaheim, and their World Series rings say "Anaheim" yet they changed their official name to Los Angeles.

And "so long"? The Marlins' storied history goes back all of a decade and change. It's not so ingrained that people would lose their minds trying to get used to the change. Most of the people on this board are older than the Marlins; we're not exactly talking about something as outrageous as "The Southern Ohio Reds" here. :therock:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

And "so long"? The Marlins' storied history goes back all of a decade and change. It's not so ingrained that people would lose their minds trying to get used to the change. Most of the people on this board are older than the Marlins; we're not exactly talking about something as outrageous as "The Southern Ohio Reds" here. :therock:

They've still won more World Series than the White Sox, Red Sox, and Cubs in the past 75 years. Who needs history when you have rings... ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived