2 questions about the Redskins

The Squish

Yeah,well,when you're good,everyone hates you.

So how does that explain people hating the Redskins? :P

I think it's the money thing. Dan Snyder has turned the Washington Redskins into the single biggest sporting franchise on the planet. But not by hard work on the field, oh, no. It's by charging $25 to park a car either at the stadium or at the practice facility, placing advertisements all over the stadium, licensing the work "Redskins" for television shows, a chain of team stores (which always seem to be empty), and charging outrageous amounts of money for FM radio rights.

The Redskins are, yes, worth more than Manchester United or the New York Yankess, but that's all in paper dollars and cash flow. That's it. And the thing is, both Man U and the Yanks will win championships before the Redskins do.

I live in the DC area and I can't stand those Redskins stores. And yes, they are usually empty. If it were an NFL store, maybe you would actually see people inside them, since not everyone in the DC area is a Skins fan, Mr. Snyder.

Snyder is trying to market the Skins like the Yankees, but it will never happen. DC is a regional team and most people associate Washington with Congress, which tends to depress them quite severely. <_<

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Archived