NCAA Football '07

nugent4president

Sure, Nike is everyone's best friend on this board. We know that second is EA Sports. NCAA Football '07 came out today. So far this is what I can determine is missing. Please add to this as you play the game.

Illinois: New jerseys are not included.

UL-Monroe: My guess is that the new logo was not submitted in time. Instead, it is the old 'ULM' mark with the Indian feathers removed. The team has a blank helmet.

Oregon: New jerseys are (sniff) not included.

West Virginia: Yellow pants not available with home jerseys.

San Jose State: Rumored helmet not included.

Because of the time restraints, Wake Forest and Buffalo are also (obviously) not included.

Other notes:

Rice did have its new helmet in the game, for what it is worth. It is the primary logo on the silver helmet.

Iowa still has its throwback alternates, while Oklahoma's has been removed.

Notre Dame's green jerseys have been properly updated.

Oklahoma State's jerseys with the new font has also been updated.

The Syracuse and Missouri jerseys have been updated. These were ignored last year.

Baylor has the gold helmet at home and green helmet on the road. Was this consistant with last years scheme?

Again, add to this as seen fit.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For OK State the piping is the old piping. Also the overall number of alternates has been cut down. I'm pretty sure the teams only have a MAX number of 4 alternates.

As for XBOX360 users....tough. There are NO alternate unis. Instead, you have to buy them from the Online Marketplace.

Also (from what I hear). There is a ton of stuff missing from the 360 version.

NO:

create a team

create a sign

create a player

1-AA teams

Baylor mixed the use of gold and green helmets both at home and on the road last season. They will be wearing the green more often this year. Players have input on what to wear, and the green is more popular with them right now.

For the regular XBOX, did they add more I-AA teams, like the ones from the Great West conference, such as NDSU or SDSU?

Also, is there any real difference between this years and last years, if I have last years do you recommend I buy this, or waith another year.

As for XBOX360 users....tough. There are NO alternate unis. Instead, you have to buy them from the Online Marketplace.

WTF.

Is this true?!

I wouldn't be surprised if it were. I'm certainly not in the market for an Xbox 360 (in fact, I just got the new DS Lite) and this is only part of the reason why. What a joke.

Last season, Baylor wore green helmets for the first several games because the regular helmets' gold color was chipping away. The team then returned to the gold helmets about halfway through the season. I have not heard any news that Baylor will follow Wash. St. and Hawaii with different color helmets for home and road games. In NCAA 07, Baylor does have the different helmets depending on whether it is wearing the home or away unis.

As to another topic on this thread, no new I-AA teams have been added. Hopefully, they will all be included in next year's game.

And while each team is restricted to 6 unis (home, away and 4 alts) in the game, I believe that is the same as last year's game. By the way, some of the I-AA teams have alts in the game as well.

The team then returned to the gold helmets about halfway through the season.

However, I was at the November 12, 2005 Baylor game at Missouri and they were in fact wearing the green helmets.

I don't have the game but do you know if the University of Cincinnati's new jerseys from last year are in the game?

Yes, Cincy does have its new jersey set in the game.

I am playing the PS2 version of the game. Most teams have one or two alternates, with few exceptions. Florida has home and away with white, blue and orange pants. Florida State also has three pants, with the rarely seen white set. Oregon has four alts, including green tops with yellow pants, as does Miami, with orange jerseys and green pants.

Colorado used to have four alts, but two of them have been taken away (black tops with white pants, and white tops with gold pants).

As much as I (and I assume people that read this) like the alt unis in the game, the presentation of the XBox 360 is so much better. When I picked up my PS2 version yesterday, I played a little Xbox 360 at EB Games. I believe 54 of the stadiums are "real" and they look very impressive compared to current gen platforms. The players, and the unis on them, look much more crisp and focused on Xbox 360.

So if a person is deciding whether to buy XBox 360 don't not do even though you have to pay for alt unis.

Archived