LIFETIME TV

LEWJ

Not a big change, but i thought i'd bring it up. Dont ask why I was watching lifetime either. :P

(Is anyone even going to discuss this???)

NEW:

hdr_logo_mystory.gif

OLD:

lifetime_tv_logo_160x50.gif

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

it's a good change...better than "television for women".

you have to think about your target audience when designing logos and identities like this. Lifetime has been historically a "women's" network. if they are looking at branching out to a broader* market, than they chose a better look to match that goal. the color pallette is less feminine, the font choice isn't bad, and the tagline speaks to more people.

* no pun intended.

it's a good change...better than "television for women".

you have to think about your target audience when designing logos and identities like this. Lifetime has been historically a "women's" network. if they are looking at branching out to a broader* market, than they chose a better look to match that goal. the color pallette is less feminine, the font choice isn't bad, and the tagline speaks to more people.

They could have called themselves "The original channel for women", now that they're are Oxygen and WE.

Actually, I think that distancing themselves from a women-only market would be beneficial to help them to stand out again. The rise of women-oriented channels in the last 5-6 years (everything from Oxygen to We to HGTV to Style to....) has rendered the station's tagline redundant.

I'd compare this to TNN's switch to The New TNN (attempting to change target market from niche to mainstream).

oakqb4.jpg

HGTV isn't a women's network as far as I'm concerned. I freakin love Landscaper's challenge.

"No you idiot! PICK THE OTHER ONE!!!! :cursing: "

Anyway, to be on topic..Why is Lifetime trying to reach a "broader" market. It's the women's channel, do they think that by changing the tagline all of a sudden guys are gonna start watching? Or are they trying to appeal to a younger generation of women?

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

If you ever look at Lifetime's promos nowadays, they look like competitor Oxygen's ads. Same lettering font. Are the people running Lifetime trying to confuse the audience? Are they afraid of losing younger women to Oxygen? I can see it now, "Oxygen, we're not your mother's cable channel".

Archived