MLB Trade Deadline Thread

Brass

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strong rumor around here is Pat Burrell to Baltimore for Rodrigo Lopez. Apparently both sides think this deal will get done despite Burrell's full no-trade clause. I've also heard the Phillies will pay some of his contract. I'm all for the move, I can deal with the low average if he keeps mashing lefties and getting on base at a .380 clip.

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

Strong rumor around here is Pat Burrell to Baltimore for Rodrigo Lopez. Apparently both sides think this deal will get done despite Burrell's full no-trade clause. I've also heard the Phillies will pay some of his contract. I'm all for the move, I can deal with the low average if he keeps mashing lefties and getting on base at a .380 clip.

Why would Baltimore do that? It's not like their gonna make a run this season.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

It looks like Carlos Lee's days as a Milwaukee Brewer may be numbered. The club offered him a contract extension offer of 4 years for $40M, and that offer was reportedly well below what his contract demands are. If the Brewers keep losing these close games late (thank you, bullpen), they'll be out of the race by next weekend and will be shopping Lee around to various bidders.

QPR%20Sig.png

Some more rumors....

-The Red Sox are continuing talks with Colorado on sending Julian Tavarez to the Rockies for Ray King.

-The Texas Rangers are going after Luis Gonzalez of the Arizona Diamondbacks. Apparently, they are making offers that the Diamondbacks are tempted by.

-Scott Williamson could be headed back to Boston in a deal to strengthen the Red Sox bullpen.

-If they Tigers CAN'T get a deal done for Alfonso Soriano, they are looking at Sean Casey, Matt Stairs, and David Dellucci.

-The Mets and Phillies were discussing a possible Bobby Abreu-for-Lastings Milledge deal, but that has appeared to fall through. Mets GM Omay Minaya said he would only trade Lastings Milledge for one players. Dontrelle Willis.

-The Mets however, are looking at the possibility of obtaining Livan Hernandez from Washington.

-If the Brewers are still in the race by the deadline, they may try to aquire Joe Randa (a Milwaukee native) to fill in for injured Corey Koskie.

what the hell is ccslc?

Why the hell did the Red Sox get Tavarez. He sucks. I suppose King would be an upgrade, but he's no Goose Gossage. Though I'm not a fan of the Mets, I'd rather see them keep Milledge, but another starter would put them over the top and basically insure their winning of the NL East, so ya gotta do what ya gotta do to win.

Some sources I spoke with yesterday at RFK Stadium say Soriano will be traded before Tuesday.

Nationals' team president Stan Kasten held a press conference in the press box during the game Sunday to say that he has been talking with Soriano and his agent, Diego Bentz, despite a different report from USA Today (which was published July 19).

Kasten also made it clear that he will not include a no-trade clause in Soriano's contract if the two sides ever went into negotiations. Soriano said during the All-Star break that he wanted a no-trade clause in his next contract. It looks like he could be spending his last days - or even hours - in our Nation's capital this week.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Why would Baltimore do that? It's not like their gonna make a run this season.

I'm thinking more of, why would Philadelphia do that? The way Rodrigo is pitching I would take anything I can get for him. I'd be happy to get something instead of just releasing him. I hope this rumor is true.

This is yesterday's news, but C Sandy Alomar Jr. to White Sox from Dodgers for P B.J. Lamura (AA). Dodgers activate OF Jason Repko with the cleared spot on the 25-man roster. White Sox designate C Chris Widger for assignment.

I hearda rumor on a Canadain sports show that apparently the White Soxs are close to a deal with the Natinols for Alfonso Soriano.

thats been a rumor for a few days now, if it gets done on the other hand remains to be seen

Some more rumors....

-An 'A-Rod to the Cubbies for Aramis Ramirez and Jacques Jones' has surfaced, but won't happen. There is a chance that Jones could be dealt to Oakland though.

-Julio Lugo could possibly be on the way to Colorado.

-Don't be surprised if Paul Byrd is dealt. And actually, don't be surprised if he isn't, lol. The teams with the most interest in him are the Mets and Red Sox. Yankees have an outside chance as well.

-Greg Maddux could be dealt to San Diego or the Dodgers.

-Not really a 'deadline' rumor, but Sammy Sosa is considering a return to baseball in 2007.

-The Mets will try hard to aquire either Tony Armas Jr. or Kip Wells.

what the hell is ccslc?

The Blue Jays are apparently very interested in Julio Lugo and have been in talks with the Rays for over a week.

I heard the same thing on TSN this morning. Getting Lugo would be nice, but I'd rather get a pitcher be it a starter or a reliever.

1zqy8ok.gif

The Blue Jays are apparently very interested in Julio Lugo and have been in talks with the Rays for over a week.

I heard the same thing on TSN this morning. Getting Lugo would be nice, but I'd rather get a pitcher be it a starter or a reliever.

Would we need starting pitching with this lineup?

LF Reed Johnson (.357 AVG / 6 HR / 30 RBI)

DH Frank Catalanotto (.321 AVG / 6 HR / 45 RBI)

CF Vernon Wells (.322 AVG / 26 HR / 78 RBI)

3B Troy Glaus (.247 AVG / 26 HR / 71 RBI)

1B Lyle Overbay (.308 AVG / 16 HR / 58 RBI)

RF Alex Rios (.330 AVG / 15 HR / 53 RBI)

SS Julio Lugo (.310 AVG / 12 HR / 27 RBI)

C Bengie Molina (.277 AVG / 8 HR / 26 RBI) or Gregg Zaun (.291 AVG / 7 HR / 24 RBI)

2B Aaron Hill (.303 AVG / 2 HR / 29 RBI)

.300+ hitters at 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 9 with 10+ hr from 5 (plus Hinske on the bench)

Combine that with a 1-2-3 of Halladay-Burnett-Lilly and Ryan in to close... Yeah, I like that idea :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

C Bengie Molina (.277 AVG / 8 HR / 26 RBI) or Gregg Zaun (.291 AVG / 7 HR / 24 RBI)

.300+ hitters at 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 9 with 10+ hr from 5 (plus Hinske on the bench)

Combine that with a 1-2-3 of Halladay-Burnett-Lilly and Ryan in to close... Yeah, I like that idea :)

BTW does anyone now when Chahin should be back. Because if he comes back soon there is no reason to add another starting pitcher. The things I would like the Jays to add are another reliver and another big bat guy. IMO we should try and trade Hinskie

BTW does anyone now when Chahin should be back. Because if he comes back soon there is no reason to add another starting pitcher. The things I would like the Jays to add are another reliver and another big bat guy. IMO we should try and trade Hinskie

Chacin (not Chahin) is due back in early August.

We already added a reliever.

We don't really need a big bat guy... the Jays lead the majors in batting average, are third in home runs, and 5th in runs scored.

They have tried to trade Hinske (not Hinskie) many many times but no team wants to pick up his contract... since he's been hot lately I'm happy to have him around on the team.

The Jays need a shortstop... Russ Adams was terrible offensively and defensively, and John McDonald just isn't cutting it with his .200 average... that is why I want Lugo here.

Another starting pitcher would be nice but there's nothing decent available (example... the Yankees added Sidney Ponson)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived