MLB Trade Deadline Thread

Brass

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kansas City Royals trade Matt Stairs to the Texas Rangers for minor league pitcher Joselo Diaz.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Why dont the Pirates trade away the whole :censored: team then!

We seriously need a GM who belives in spending money for talent. Im tired of thes stupid "prospects" ho end up doing what? NOTHING!

It's not the GM's fault it's the owners. It's one thing to dump player for prospects to rebuild but at a certaint point you have to stop. What happens is the team trades for prospects by the time those prospects get to the majors and starts to mature as a player they end up trading them away for prospects and the cycle begins again.

We seriously need a GM who belives in spending money for talent. Im tired of thes stupid "prospects" ho end up doing what? NOTHING!

Welcome to the world of the Rays, I'm getting sick of major league talent for prospects, we need some guys that can play ball NOW!!!

It's not the GM's fault it's the owners. It's one thing to dump player for prospects to rebuild but at a certaint point you have to stop. What happens is the team trades for prospects by the time those prospects get to the majors and starts to mature as a player they end up trading them away for prospects and the cycle begins again.

Pittsburgh Pirates

The Official supplier of the MLB

oBIgzrL.png

We seriously need a GM who belives in spending money for talent. Im tired of thes stupid "prospects" who end up doing what? NOTHING!

Don't blame the GM. Blame small-market economics. It ain't getting better any time soon. There are only so many Billy Beane's to go around.

The Phillies on the other hand are legitimately suffering from the reign of a poor GM. They actually had the money and wasted it all on root beer and skittles.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The big the in this deal IMO is Lidle who gives the Yankees what they need a starting pitcher who can eat innings.

I can see someone else was also listening to ESPN radio this afternoon. :P

No matter how you feel about the Yankees, the fact is, they basically got two of the Phillies top players for a bag of baseballs.

If you consider Corey Lidle one of a team's "top players", you need to re-evaluate your definition of "top." Seriously, the guy is a 4 or 5 starter. He was a 3 and 4 for most of the year with the Phillies, and their rotation blows goats with the exception of the wife beater, who can pitch, but sucks at life.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow, BBV, you're starting to sound like a Detroit Lions fan :P

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

3. Carlos Beltran- 2006 NL MVP

Right now it should be Albert's, but we'll see.

If Pujols can win the MVP on a team that won it's division by 11 games, why shouldn't Beltran win it this season?

Pujols shouldn't have won the NL MVP last season. The only reason he got it was because the voters wanted to make it up to him for the previous seasons where Bonds beat Pujols.

What happened with Oliver Perez how did he go from young ace to horrible, and why did they deal him?

SUpposedly the Perez and Bell for Linebrink didn't go through.

As for Perez. I hear on the radio that he has shoulder problems because he threw to many pitches as a young pitcher

Archived