Cary, NC, USL-1 team to unveil name/logo tonight

-kj

"RailHawks"? Oh, that's awful.

Y'know, you could take the railway out, clean up the hawk a little bit (though, I rather like the style of it) and move it down into the crest more, and you've got a bitchin' "Hawks" crest.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

What I find particularly annoying about the hawk is how skewed the perspective of the bird is. We're looking "down" onto the hawk's wings while simultaneously looking "up" and "in" to the hawk's splayed talons. That's jarring.

Further, the hawk's wings, tail and face are all rendered in a rather stylized manner that is vaguely reminiscent of something you'd see on an automobile hood ornament, while the talons are more realistic.

What I find particularly annoying about the hawk is how skewed the perspective of the bird is. We're looking "down" onto the hawk's wings while simultaneously looking "up" and "in" to the hawk's splayed talons. That's jarring.

Further, the hawk's wings, tail and face are all rendered in a rather stylized manner that is vaguely reminiscent of something you'd see on an automobile hood ornament, while the talons are more realistic.

Everything Bri said goes double for me.

Except that part about the tail. Redtails tails aren't super duper true red. Kinda rusty orangey red.

So I don't mind this tail.

Styles and perspectives are mixed and confusing. But I wouldn't say this is bad by any means.

Oh, and the Carolina disappears entirely in small versions.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Count me in the minority, but I like it.

The name maes enough sense, I like that the badge is unique (with the logo sort of coming out of the badge shape), and it's a nice color scheme. While the FC doesn't really belong there, I can forgive it, because it combines a lot of the elements I personally like in a logo.

And it's not nearly as bad as LandSharks, RiverSharks, SkySharks (is that real? Probably) or anything of that nature.

Thumbs up.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

:cursing: Death to all these stupid contrived hybrid names! There used to be a club in Chattanooga called the Railroaders. That's much better than the mythical Railhawks. We should come up with the most ridiculous made-up names we can think of. How about Skysnakes, Forest Whales, or Ice Scorpions?

And I like the FC, but not necessarily where it is place in the logo.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

...Skysnakes...

Would those be snakes on a plane? ^_^

Yeah, I know. I thought of that just after I posted it. Just think of the cross-marketing possibilities.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

:cursing: Death to all these stupid contrived hybrid names! There used to be a club in Chattanooga called the Railroaders. That's much better than the mythical Railhawks. We should come up with the most ridiculous made-up names we can think of. How about Skysnakes, Forest Whales, or Ice Scorpions?

And I like the FC, but not necessarily where it is place in the logo.

It needs to be something that combines two opposites.

DesertPenguins

IceLions

SkyBulls

Sky Snakes will probably happen, with the SoaP phenomenon (which I first mentioned on this board, KISS THE RINGS!)

Also, there ARE actually flying snakes. They don't really fly, they just glide, but they are called flying snakes.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Archived