usa basketball

arr1023

Let's all hope this team can bring home the gold. I think they have taken a much better approach to piecing together the team this time. It shouldn't be an all-star team, rather a bunch of players with specific skills meant to contribute in their own way--you know, like a real basketball team.

I think we finally got the message that the "Dream Team" days are long gone. Putting the most-skilled and athletic team possible on the floor doesn't equal a cakewalk to the gold nowadays.

Bucky

Other than the shoulder stripes and the redundant "USA Basketball" patch, these look great. I never liked the uniforms that used the "USA Basketball" logo in the place of a wordmark.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The uniforms of the main US team sports have always been kind of weak in my mind, regardless of the sport. Baseball, Basketball or Hockey. I always felt considering how dominant the US basketball team should be, a simple traditional, almost throw back jersey would kind of be cool. No need to be flashy, our play will say everything. I remember liking the USA track uniforms from either the last or second to last Olympics, with the simple navy USA across the chest.

r27926_69474.jpg

I would like to see a mostly white jersey with that navy USA across the chest and maybe a little red on the collar and the shorts. For the road, the same, but switch the navy and white.

Personally, I loved the uniforms they used at the last Olympics. As far as uniforms go, they peaked that year, IMO. So much so that I picked up Lebron's red jersey.

james_marion_olympics_190.jpg

james-inside.jpg

james-taurasi-in.jpg

As for their play, it was crap. But at least they looked good while stinking it up. USA for the Gold in the WC.

Other than the shoulder stripes and the redundant "USA Basketball" patch, these look great. I never liked the uniforms that used the "USA Basketball" logo in the place of a wordmark.

Hey USA Basketball, 1990 called, they want their logo back. <_<

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

From SI.com, here's the practice squad with the new NBA ball:

t1_wade.usa.jpg

I give that ball a month. It's as distracting as the orange-striped football in the Blue-Gray game that Bill Veeck once introduced.

t1_wade.usa.jpg

I give that ball a month. It's as distracting as the orange-striped football in the Blue-Gray game that Bill Veeck once introduced.

I don't think that ugly ball is the new NBA ball. The new ball has no white on it.

newball_060628_250jd.jpg

Plus, that ball doesn't look to be made by Spalding. I think that is the FIBA ball. Like most quirky aspects of international ball (like the altered rules), this ball sucks.

What's with all the players wearing different numbers on their practice jerseys, when they'll be between 4-15 for the tournament?

EDIT: I found the answer. Practice jerseys start with 20 and are assigned alphabetically. The players who make the cut will be assigned the regular numbers.

t1_wade.usa.jpg

I don't think that ugly ball is the new NBA ball. The new ball has no white on it.

newball_060628_250jd.jpg

Plus, that ball doesn't look to be made by Spalding. I think that is the FIBA ball. Like most quirky aspects of international ball (like the altered rules), this ball sucks.

It doesn't say spalding it's not the nba ball, it must be a international ball. I think i've seen it on NBATV, during some italian game.

TEXASFIGHT.gifAstros-Sig.gifUntitled-1.gifAeros.gif

t1_wade.usa.jpg

That's the Molten FIBA basketball.

Seconded, for what it's worth.

yeh its Molten balls, take a bit to get used to when they came out, i struggled to get hand positioning right for free throws with that ball,

If you take the like across and downwards (the + shape ones) you have the new Spalding NBA balls

---

THe Athens uniforms were cool, i like the ones we had then, apart from te oversized number on the front.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived