Yellowknife Miners Logo Concept

Phil

It's been a long time since I've done a logo concept.

The name is the same as pollux's TNFF team, but this was designed without his knowledge and there's no reason to believe at this point that this will be the team's new logo.

However, I had fun making it.

Yellowknife%20Miners%20Logo.gif

Yellowknife Miners Logo Concept

Those familiar with my body of work may notice that I have used the shield motif before... in fact, I'm getting sick of it myself. However, I wanted to do something fun and not too difficult (my designbrain has been silent for a few weeks now), and the shield happened to fit the lines of the logo well.

Any comments, criticism (preferably constructive), questions, or suggestions are welcome.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I don't think the football is really necessary; the design is strong enought without it. Plus, if it were removed, it might allow the cast shadows from the other elements to more effectively pop them off the shield background. I just think those shadows are especially important here since you are suggesting elements layered in front of eachother.

LT

I dunno, I think it's got a lot of promise, but there's some things I'd change about it right now. It's good, but I've seen you do much better.

I'd keep the shield and pickaxe, but I'd make the pickaxe either much larger than the shield or contain it completely within the shield.

The shading and outlining need to be tinkered with just a little, I think. I'd also throw something uniquely Northwest Territories about it. The flag of the Northwest Territories has a shield shape, and the flag of Yellowknife itself is a teal-gold-white tricolour (I'll humour you with the extra u ^_^). Maybe you could incorporate something symbolic of both gold and diamonds into the design, because both are mined in the area?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Since you have so many colors going on, I think killing the football shape and the dark green drop shadow altogether may clean it up.

Something about this doesn't say football to me yet. I think it's in the wordmark. The delicate orange/yellow underline, or maybe the font, and kerning. Just feels a bit airy for football.

If you remove the football shade it's pure gold with diamonds in it.

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

SyPhi,

Good to see more of your work - I really like that the Pick handle becomes part of the logos outter boarder - very nicely done.

Sweet looking logo - simple and yet elegant. I like the football shade behind the "Y". :grin:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived