2006 NFL alternate jersey schedule?

BigEd76

I hope the bears wear their 'deer hunting' jerseys as well. Those things were the shiznatoram.

For one game? Absolutely.

I would love to have a Bears VASHER #31 orange jersey, since that's the model in which he set his 108-yard return record.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the Steeler's home uniform schedule.

Vikings (preseason)-----Black

Panthers (preseason)---Black

Dolphins------------------Black

Bengals-------------------Black

Cheifs---------------------Black

Broncos-------------------Black

Saints---------------------Black

Buccaneers---------------Black

Browns--------------------Black

Ravens--------------------Black

They could even wear black around 3 more times during away games.

And here's the Bills:

at New England Patriots - UGLY

at Miami Dolphins - UGLY

NEW YORK JETS - UGLY

MINNESOTA VIKINGS FOX - UGLY

at Chicago Bears - UGLY

at Detroit Lions CBS - UGLY

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - UGLY

GREEN BAY PACKERS - UGLY

at Indianapolis Colts - UGLY

at Houston Texans - UGLY

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS - UGLY

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS - UGLY

at New York Jets - UGLY

MIAMI DOLPHINS - UGLY

TENNESSEE TITANS - UGLY

at Baltimore Ravens - UGLY

By the way, what a brutal schedule. *sigh*

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

i thought the white jerseys were "lucky" after last year?

And here's the Bills:

at New England Patriots - UGLY

at Miami Dolphins - UGLY

NEW YORK JETS - UGLY

MINNESOTA VIKINGS FOX - UGLY

at Chicago Bears - UGLY

at Detroit Lions CBS - UGLY

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - UGLY

GREEN BAY PACKERS - UGLY

at Indianapolis Colts - UGLY

at Houston Texans - UGLY

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS - UGLY

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS - UGLY

at New York Jets - UGLY

MIAMI DOLPHINS - UGLY

TENNESSEE TITANS - UGLY

at Baltimore Ravens - UGLY

By the way, what a brutal schedule. *sigh*

dsgitlin, you forgot the 2 games they'll presumably wear their throwbacks, which if given the choice, I'm sure the players would vote to wear every game.

The Texans will wear their alt Battle Red jersey on Oct 22, at home against the Jaguars.

They might wear them a second time (they're promoting a "Battle Red" ticket package that has the Dec 10 game against TEN in it, but not the JAC game), but nothing official.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

What I have had trouble understanding is why some teams don't use their alts at all in certain seasons. All teams should be REQUIRED to wear their alts at least once a year. Anybody know why this isn't the case? Furthermore, why doesn't the league require all teams to wear dark jerseys at home and white on the road?

The Texans will wear their alt Battle Red jersey on Oct 22, at home against the Jaguars.

They might wear them a second time (they're promoting a "Battle Red" ticket package that has the Dec 10 game against TEN in it, but not the JAC game), but nothing official.

can someone tell the Texans to wear the blue pants with the red shirts at least ONCE, just to please my logoism

WTF is "Battle Red"? It's frigging RED for gosh sakes. :rolleyes:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

What I have had trouble understanding is why some teams don't use their alts at all in certain seasons. All teams should be REQUIRED to wear their alts at least once a year. Anybody know why this isn't the case? Furthermore, why doesn't the league require all teams to wear dark jerseys at home and white on the road?

The league can't force teams to wear dark at home, but they do allow them to make the first choice forcing the other team to deal with it. That's why teams in hot cities tend to wear white at home early in the season.

Only the Cryboys since 1964 and the Foreskins since Gibbs took over in 1981 have worn white at home for all games. Of course, the Skins went to burgundy at home when Spurrier and Schottzie were in town, but Gibbs changed that when he came back.

From what I understand from this board, the NFL did require teams to wear dark jerseys at home from 1957-63, and then in 1964 allowed teams to choose. Apparently a lot of teams wore white at home starting that year and for the rest of the 60s, including my beloved Steelers.

AFAIK, the only teams that have NEVER EVER worn white at home are the Raiders and the Seahawks.

What I have had trouble understanding is why some teams don't use their alts at all in certain seasons.  All teams should be REQUIRED to wear their alts at least once a year.  Anybody know why this isn't the case?  Furthermore, why doesn't the league require all teams to wear dark jerseys at home and white on the road?

The league can't force teams to wear dark at home, but they do allow them to make the first choice forcing the other team to deal with it. That's why teams in hot cities tend to wear white at home early in the season.

Only the Cryboys since 1964 and the Foreskins since Gibbs took over in 1981 have worn white at home for all games. Of course, the Skins went to burgundy at home when Spurrier and Schottzie were in town, but Gibbs changed that when he came back.

From what I understand from this board, the NFL did require teams to wear dark jerseys at home from 1957-63, and then in 1964 allowed teams to choose. Apparently a lot of teams wore white at home starting that year and for the rest of the 60s, including my beloved Steelers.

AFAIK, the only teams that have NEVER EVER worn white at home are the Raiders and the Seahawks.

WTF is "Battle Red"? It's frigging RED for gosh sakes. :rolleyes:

At least "Battle Red" is a more creative description than the standard "Buccaneers Red" or "Giants Blue" that you see so much nowadays. I always loved the description of the Lions' blue as "Honolulu Blue".

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

they always were the red vs. the jags

What I have had trouble understanding is why some teams don't use their alts at all in certain seasons.  All teams should be REQUIRED to wear their alts at least once a year.  Anybody know why this isn't the case? 

Take the Broncos for example. They are 0-2 when wearing their alternate Orange unis. (both losses were on a Sunday night games BTW..) :therock:

As far as I know, they will not be wearing their alternates this season.

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

can someone tell the Texans to wear the blue pants with the red shirts at least ONCE, just to please my logoism

I guess I'm not the only one that thinks the blue/red/blue combo would be phenominal.

Take the Broncos for example. They are 0-2 when wearing their alternate Orange unis.

Afraid they're cursed, are they? Honestly, teams need to get over that crap. Especially the damn Cowboys, whose excellently designed blue jerseys sit and collect dust just because they're "scared" that they'll lose while wearing them. Bah...

Archived