Most Memorable Sports Plays Of All Time

fonz

jeter_diving.jpeg

"The Dive"

two weeks earlier Ryan Freel did the same thing in Los Angeles except it was better, but he gets no play because he isn't on the Yankees, and he isn't Derek Jeter.

Earlier in that game Pokey Reese made a similar play like that, but got nothing too. I don't know if they gave him the credit he deserved on the NESN telcast, but here on YES, ass kisser Michael Kay went on and on about Jeter's catch, and had a ho hum reaction to Reese's catch.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being a lifetime Michigan fan, Here are some of the most memorable for me:

The play that kept Penn State from having an undefeated season last year

312696.jpeg

1016413200_001__89855~1.jpg

This one is very memorable for me, especially being a wolverine fan and living in spartan country. Starting a true freshman quarterback and running back, the wolverines came back from being down 27-10 with I think a little over 7 minutes left, to win in the third overtime.

p1_braylon_ap.jpg

The pic and video of braylon are not the game-winning touchdown, but one of the touchdowns during the comeback. He also scored the game-winner, but I couldn't find a good pic.

MegatronSig2.jpg

312696.jpeg

This one is very memorable for me, especially being a wolverine fan and living in spartan country. Starting a true freshman quarterback and running back, the wolverines came back from being down 27-10 with I think a little over 7 minutes left, to win in the third overtime.

only cause crybaby Lloyd argued for two more seconds on the clock earlier in the second half. Guess how much time was left on the clock before the last play, two seconds.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It was one of the biggest  :censored:, classless, and pure stupid acts Ive ever seen commited, sports scene or non sports scene. How Bertuzzi got off so light, is beyond me.

All right. Bert flew off the handle, but you're saying he got off light? The NHL kicks him out for the year, and Vancouver blows it in the first round of the playoffs. My fat ass, got off light.

Considering he should be rotting behind bars with Dany Heatley. Yeah, he got off light.

And I'm definately suspicious about your mental health if you felt that action by Bertuzzi was justified in any way.

Put hockey aside. This is a serious matter, he assualted someone, and could have killed him. Losing in the playoffs, and being suspended from your job for a year isn't a fair penalty.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

312696.jpeg

only cause crybaby Lloyd argued for two more seconds on the clock earlier in the second half. Guess how much time was left on the clock before the last play, two seconds.

They changed it though, so he must have been right.

MegatronSig2.jpg

312696.jpeg

They changed it though, so he must have been right.

just saying, alot of coaches would have let it go.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Here's a video of stegall's catch against the esks...

Stegall's 100 yard play

I was at that game. One of only a handful of Bomber fans in attendance. We literally had Eskimo fans dancing in a big circle around us celebrating their big win (Only a few plays earlier Glenn fumbled the ball and the Esks got a touchdown).

I kept looking straight ahead ignoring the dumb eskimo fans, and saying "time for one more play.. one more play...."

As the play started, I thought, why don't the Eskimos have more guys in the backfield?

And then when we won... I went F---ing nuts. Great moment in Winnipeg sports history.

vinatieri-not_published.jpg

Super Bowl XXXVI was a magical game. I hated the St. Louis Rams and for David to slay Goliath was something I'll never forget. I remember getting pumped up watching Tom Brady on that last drive. Good stuff.

fb.jpg

...and who could forget Brett Favre's performance on MNF the day after his father died.

It was one of the biggest  :censored:, classless, and pure stupid acts Ive ever seen commited, sports scene or non sports scene. How Bertuzzi got off so light, is beyond me.

All right. Bert flew off the handle, but you're saying he got off light? The NHL kicks him out for the year, and Vancouver blows it in the first round of the playoffs. My fat ass, got off light.

Considering he should be rotting behind bars with Dany Heatley. Yeah, he got off light.

And I'm definately suspicious about your mental health if you felt that action by Bertuzzi was justified in any way.

Put hockey aside. This is a serious matter, he assualted someone, and could have killed him. Losing in the playoffs, and being suspended from your job for a year isn't a fair penalty.

If you think that's bad. You ought to read all the comments posted on this Bertuzzi/Moore vid on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0FBECwYHbk

And this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiLlz4-vUFg...related&search=

It's seriously rediculous.

A series of pics form 1995:

What should have ended the season

00059.jpg

What happened in the 11th in game 5 of the ALDS

95winningrun.jpg

What happened shortly after

450historygriffey.jpg

ARod consoling Cora after loss to Cleveland in ALCS

photo05.jpg

Wish I was older than 4 for that season.

I was older then 4. I was actually there the night Griffey broke his wrist on that catch. It was the best play I have seen in person & I have seen my fair share.

Gibson's shot to beat the A's

Bucky's Homer to beat the Yankees, F)(*! Dent!

Reggie's 3hr game in the WS against the Dodgers.

Ozzie's diving catches.

The trap rolling over Vince Coleman.

Flutie's toss.

Elways drive.

Cal's band.

Byner's fumble.

USA over the Soviets in 1980.

Dwight Clark's Catch against the Cowboys.

Thanksgiving days with Barry Sanders.

Huskies ripping apart Michigan in the Rose Bowl, Desmond who?

to name just a few.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Memorable in a bad way. I was there, sitting in Turn 4 at Daytona when The Intimidator struck the wall. No one left the stands for about 1/2 an hour. We found out a few hours later on the car ride home that he was done.

EARNARDT-CRASH.jpg

On another note, this is probably my all-time favourite play, even though its been tainted horribly by the jackass who performed it:

VinceCarter.jpg

You may have seen the video earlier in this thread, but here's the pic:

802goal.jpg

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

A couple of points:

1. The Jeter flip and the stands-falling are two of the most over-rated plays in all of sports. You are a Yankees homer if you think they were anything other than good plays.

2. You are wrong, wrong, wrong about Bertuzzi. It was a punch to the side of the head, in retaliation for Moore being a dick and blindsiding their guy. The fact that when he hit the ice, it was head first was unfortunate, and certianly not intended. The punishment fit the crime. Period. To say otherwise is to be an over-reacting, whining, crying pansy.

3. Good call on the Dale post. I watched that race and was struck by how worried Waltrip was in the booth when his brother has just won the 500. Scary day.

4. I couldnt find a picture of Colorado's 5th down that allowed them to steal half a Nat Championship from the rightful winner in 1990.

5. The 200 Super Bowl was quite possibly the best SB ever. What the hell is your problem with it?

6. And he is... safe! The Braves are going to the World Series!

10131141.jpg

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived