Floyd Landis

NJTank

I am shocked not one thread was started for Floyd Landis I have decided to do a blog about him, and what his win means. His heorics shoudl not be overlooked as he rode teh entire race with a bad hip.

Blog

Comments

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

So what happens now. Do we all get off Lance Armstrongs back now? If it only took a couple of days for Floyd Landis to be disgraced, do we let Armstrongs seven (was it really that many?) wins stand?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think the fact Landis got caught shows testing works and Lance was clean

You mean the first of his two tests came back positive, yes?

Guilty until proven guiltier, eh Tank?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I think the fact Landis got caught shows testing works and Lance was clean

Or that for the first time in eight years they decided that they should reveal the results of a test to show that they're really doing their job. This whole situation stinks of a cover-up.

teams-1.png

This is definatley a interesting circumstance. Listen on OTL the guy was saying it wasnt even hi levels of testoserone but a higher than normal ratio of testoserone to the testoserone waste(forget what its called).

And last time I checked Lance never failed a test. (cept maybe the nutcheck :P )

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

well the 'B' sample tests have not come out just yet. To be fair, the high testoserone level may not have been caused by just doping and could very well be natural for all we know. So let's see what happens with the 'B' sample first....

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=2532029

As I stated on another forum this morning, the Tour allowed Landis to take Cortisone shots for the pain in his hip, and he took one the day before he took the drug test. The thing is, Cortisone can cause an increase in testosterone levels in the body as a side effect. If this is the case, we have quite a fun situation. Will the Tour punish someone for high levels of testosterone that came as a result of Tour-approved pain medication?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

As I stated on another forum this morning, the Tour allowed Landis to take Cortisone shots for the pain in his hip, and he took one the day before he took the drug test. The thing is, Cortisone can cause an increase in testosterone levels in the body as a side effect. If this is the case, we have quite a fun situation. Will the Tour punish someone for high levels of testosterone that came as a result of Tour-approved pain medication?

I believe if it was caused by the approved pain medication, the tour will not punish him. You said the tour allowed it. They would have no legal argument otherwise.

I saw, I came, I left.

"He does not have a high level of testosterone. That's not been documented. He has a high ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone in his urine," Landis' personal physician, Dr. Brent Kay, said Friday night on CNN's "Larry King Live."

"Which could be due to an elevated testosterone level. It could be due to a low epitestosterone level. And it could be due to a variety of other factors with handling and specimen contamination and various other things."

Kay, speaking from Los Angeles, also said that using testosterone would hurt rather than help a cyclist.

"I think everybody needs to take a step back and look at what we're talking about. Because testosterone is a bodybuilding steroid that builds mass," Kay said. "It builds mass over long-term use of weeks, months, and even years.

"And it's crazy to think that a Tour de France professional cyclist would be using testosterone, particularly in the middle of a race. It's a joke. Every sports medicine expert, physician, trainer, scientist that I've talked to in the last day, have really the same opinion, 'No way. This is a joke.'"

There is a very legitimate question related to the timing of the positive test. Floyd Landis tested positive on day 17 of the Tour de France -- right before he made a miraculous comeback to retake the lead. Some people may speculate that testosterone may have helped him do this. This is unlikely to be the case. Testosterone is used during training periods to gain muscle mass. It is not a stimulant like amphetamines. It is not likely that testosterone would improve performance on such a short time scale, nor has it ever been shown to have that effect.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

There is a report out today...cannot remember where i found it,that the testosterone in his A sample,was synthetic.Supposedly the results from his B sample will be made public Saturday.

Phonak has allready said they will fire him if his B sample is positive.And i believe under the new UCI Protour rules,he would be suspended for 6 years.So hes got a lot on the line.Cyclings reputation is in the toilet after the last few years anyways,with all the drug suspensions

And on a unrelated Cycling note,Team Discovery Channel is rumored to be courting Jan Ullrich if hes innocent in the Spanish Doping investigation.I find that kinda funny in that the guy who couldnt beat LA,would be riding for him

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

And on a unrelated Cycling note,Team Discovery Channel is rumored to be courting Jan Ullrich if hes innocent in the Spanish Doping investigation.I find that kinda funny in that the guy who couldnt beat LA,would be riding for him

But nobody could beat Lance Armstrong. Ulrich was the closest to do so, so to me it seems like a smart move to replace the best with the second best.

1zqy8ok.gif

well, it looks likelt that Landis will lose his title

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Cycling/2006/08/01/1713387-ap.html

Actually, it's only just begun. Hello at least 6 months of Court of Sport Arbitration appeals!

Archived